trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 06:04 AM

good moring,
i found this forum while looking for help on a, mod. 2A016-111 engine, im thinking of ''hopping-up'' into a mildly built engine, i have posted this question on other forums with no help, it seems not many people know much about these engines,
after reading all the post on this forum i think i can find some help here, i have two of theses engines and they both run strong and are tough little engines, the 2A016 engine is a twin cylinder 16 cub. inch over head valve (semi-hemi heads) with a mechanical fuel pump, single barrel carb., dry element air filter, centrifugal governor, 3/4 inch tapored and taped p.t.o. crankshaft, and a screw on oil dipper rod, i have a friend that has seen many of these engines in the junk pile due to loosening of the con. rod cap, i have yet to find a modifyed 2a016 engine and was hoping that someone can help me, i have the TN manual that came with these engines with all the factory spec.s,
thank you in advance and looking forward to meeting you all,
jesse white
aka-trowel

Attached Thumbnails

• P5220037.jpg
  • P5220038.jpg

#2 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 06:07 AM

pictured above is the 2A016-111 engine on my old ariens walk behind snowblower with the trac-team 27 inch cut mower deck, great power plant for the mower,
trowel

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,313 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 06:07 AM

:welcome: to GTTalk. While I don't know your answer, hopefully someone will, and respond soon. Sounds like an interesting project.
  • trowel said thank you

#4 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 06:52 AM

thanks, i took today off from work to pay bills, chores, fixs things, and show a family member how to use a craftsmen ride on mower, so i should be around,
trowel

#5 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 07:16 AM

uh, how come i don't see this thread anymore, did i do something wrong ? i used ''search posts'' to find it again, heh, you can tell im new, lol !,
trowel

#6 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:10 PM

bump,

#7 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:17 PM

I have a 2ao16 on a small army generator, and a 4ao32 on my towable backhoe. The generator hasn't been started in a few years now. The 4ao32 gets ran a couple times a year, whenever we need to dig a hole for water line repair or sewer repair. I have no idea as to performance mods though. I don't have any pics of the 2ao16.

Caddigger 821.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• caddigger 821a.jpg

#8 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:32 PM

i don't know why the other post i made was not appearing when i would reply to it and then push ''new post'' so im starting another with the same questions,
i was looking for help with ''hopping up'' a mod. 2A016-111 twin cylinder overhead valve air cooled engine military engine into a mildly built engine to start off with before going crazy with it, i have posted this question on many other fourms with no help, not very many people know much about this engine much less modify it, it is a well built and tough engine, i have one on a ariens tiller, and another on a ariens snowblower that is currently being used as a mower with a 27 inch deck,
i have the TM manual that came with it with all the spec.s,
ahhgg, the computer won't let me re-post my mower picture, it won't let me drag it into the upload box, ?.....what did i do wroung ?....>.
thank you for all and any comments and help,
trowel

#9 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 03:39 PM

im sorry for starting the same thread again, the other thread i started popped up again ?, i am so lost, why does it disappear when i push the ''new posts'' button ?, please help,

#10 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 04:03 PM

cool backhoe, wish i had one of those,

#11 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 04:36 PM

im sorry for starting the same thread again, the other thread i started popped up again ?, i am so lost, why does it disappear when i push the ''new posts'' button ?, please help,

Once you have posted, you've seen it, so it won't show up under "new posts" until someone replies. After I replied to it, it then came up under "new posts" again.
  • trowel said thank you

#12 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 04:41 PM

cool, thanks, i was sctatching my head for a while there, im still new to this, just got the computer last year,

#13 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 26, 2011 - 03:21 PM

oh my god, what a difference it made when i changed out the throttle plate in the 2a016-111 carb., took a tillitson ML type throttle plate and drilled a 64/32 of an inch hole in it and it now has idle and responds better, im still going to replace that finiky carb. with something else like a 35mm mikuni mabey ? or twin mikuni 24mm (open to other suggestions), the muffler was impeding the wicked sounding idle it has so i lopped off the muffler and will be putting on open pipes, tommorow i will finish it and be blessed with un-god-like nasty exhaust note,
talked to my brother today hoping he could shave the heads .005 of an inch off and mill out intake manifold, but he is busier then hell right now so i have to wait (noooooo!, i can't wait), i may just fab. a carb. to intake adapter for now,
trowel

#14 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 26, 2011 - 08:31 PM

this could be the start of something crazy, wicked idle :mad2:
trowel
‪2a016-111‬‏ - YouTube