New older Bolens owner

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blukanu OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5099
  • 1 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 12:24 AM

I just purchased a 1467 with mower deck, tiller, snowblower, and blade.
It had the clutch apart and some of the wiring messed up when I got it. Found a new clutch and found a wiring diagram and runs great now. However I need some info on how to mount the tiller and snowblower etc. It came with a long drive shaft and a bracket and bolt on unit with a pulley. I have the mower mounted and running fine.
Thanks for any help.

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,675 Thanks
  • 28,328 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 01:09 AM

:welcome: to GTTalk!

There are some very knowledgeable Bolens guys here, one of them will chime in soon to help.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 04:30 AM

Glad to have you with us.

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,646 Thanks
  • 39,016 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:18 AM

:welcometogttalk: I can't help with your Bolens, but thought I would say hello! Hopefully the Dr. or someone will be along with some answers for you. Hang in there, takes a bit for some to find your thread.

#5 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,451 Thanks
  • 17,089 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 08:31 AM

Hi, Welcome to GTT

This service manual should be of some help to you.... XL-MediumFrameSeries

#6 speedyg OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:09 PM

Blukanu welcome to the group! And congrats on your new bolens. Hope the manuals Doc gave you helps!!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOOO and don't forget the PICS!!!!! :)

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,248 Thanks
  • 15,613 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:53 PM

Welcome to GTtalk. I am not familiar with the medium frame Bolens but the manuals Brian posted a link to should help out. I am guessing the tiller would mount similar to the tubeframes.

#8 bhts OFFLINE  

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,412 Thanks
  • 2,113 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 06:45 PM

First :welcometogttalk:

The bracket with the pully would be the PTO that was required to run the tiller and blower for that tractor. You will need to remove the deck and the mule drive for the deck to mount the other stuff.The PTO mounts where the mower deck mule drive goes.On the back of the tractor there should be a bracket with a hole at the bottom on each sided of the frame.This is where the tiller mounts and the bracket on the tiller in the middel sticking up will mount to a lift cable coming out the center of the frame towards the top.Then you will install the drive shaft and it connects to the pto unit.You will need a different belt to run the pto kit.The snowblower is pretty easy to mount.On the back of the blower frame you should see two tabs with a hole in them on each side of the frame.These will line up with a couple of holes on the tractor around the front axle and just a couple pins and it is mounted.There should be a round tube with the blower that is the lift tube and mounts to the blower and the underside of the tractor to the rockshaft.Hope this gets you going in the right direction.
  • Bolens 1000 and Blukanu have said thanks

#9 Blukanu OFFLINE  

• Member No: 5099
  • 1 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 09:43 PM

Thanks for the great instructions! The parts I have make more sense now. I should be able to get the tiller mounted.

#10 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 09:57 PM

:wave: Blukanu Welcome to GTTalk! Glad to see that you're getting the help that you needed! hope you stick around and get involved. This is a great bunch of guys on here! We'd love to see some pics when you get the chance!