Let us not forget Bob Seeger!
That was so great music.

#17 wawcub47 OFFLINE  

wawcub47

• Member No: 852
  • 68 Thanks
  • 167 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:24 PM

ok,im gonna mix it up a little. being that im a Ky hillbilly (and proud of my mountain heritage) i vote for Blue grass. Bill Monroe, Osborne Bro.s, etc. I also like The Grascals.
  • FirefyterEmt said thank you

#18 89YT12 OFFLINE  

89YT12

• Member No: 4980
  • 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:28 PM

im only 27 and most country is crap now, stuff like "i want to check you for ticks" "dubble xl" and this garbage the woman are singing is just yuck......... now dont get me wrong there is some good new songs out there that i love, but my favorite is the old stuff, randy travis, garth brooks, alabama, ronnie milsap, sawyer brown, shenandoah, waylon, merle ..... i could go on and on
  • Rocking416 said thank you

#19 Rocking416 OFFLINE  

Rocking416

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1546
  • 76 Thanks
  • 191 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:40 PM

HIGH FIVE I am 28 brother! and i hate what they call country music its good to hear somone else in my age group agrees and even better to know there are others my age who love tractors too!!!
  • 89YT12 said thank you

#20 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,623 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:43 PM

im only 27 and most country is crap now, stuff like "i want to check you for ticks" "dubble xl" and this garbage the woman are singing is just yuck......... Now dont get me wrong there is some good new songs out there that i love, but my favorite is the old stuff, randy travis, garth brooks, alabama, ronnie milsap, sawyer brown, shenandoah, waylon, merle ..... I could go on and on

here here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 89YT12 said thank you

#21 89YT12 OFFLINE  

89YT12

• 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 01:26 PM

well its nice to know im not the only one too :0)

#22 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yea it's sad... Give me County & Western any day. I have gravitated towards the bluegrass side of things as of late along with 1940's big band / swing. I blame it all on satellite radio! I love that thing, and in fact, I am working on a new dash & center console for my old Jeep which will do away with the dash radio and play the satellite radio straight through an amp. The crap on the airwaves around here is not even worth turning on. Right now I have the satellite radio in my company car that has about 24k on the odometer. I do not think the stock radio has been used... yet!

#23 89YT12 OFFLINE  

89YT12

• 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 03:34 PM

i listen to talk radio while driving at work except during lunch hours, all the locals have request hour and you hear the good stuff then

i got rid of XM when they got with sirius, i listened to open road 171 and now its 106 road dog, i listened to dave nemo, bill mack, the bozo(dale sommers) and land line now ...... bill mack is not one anymore ..... altho i do miss the country channels on there, i should renew it

#24 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Contributor
  • Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 04:55 PM

I grew up in the 70's and was fed a diet of rock, pop, classical and folk music with some country thrown in for good measure, the country artist that holds most memories for me was Don Williams, if i hear any of it now it takes me right back to my childhood.

#25 coldone OFFLINE  

coldone

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 839
  • 1,631 Thanks
  • 1,668 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:09 PM

I grew up on 70s-80s country music. Watched Hee Haw every sunday night with Mama and Dad. My grandparents tv was always on CMT with Ralph Emory when it wasnt on the news. The stuff they call country today just, aint. Lorretta Lynn was one of my favorites along with Johny Cash, Walyon, Willie and the boys, Alabama, Oak ridge, Kenny rogers etc...

#26 jms180 ONLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 913 Thanks
  • 1,204 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:42 PM

Sweet Home Alabama

#27 KIRO-1 OFFLINE  

KIRO-1

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2451
  • 40 Thanks
  • 300 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 07:52 PM

Hee Haw was a great show. Very inspiring! The show inspired me to learn how to play guitar and Banjo. (that was a long time ago and I still don't play as well as I should)

#28 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 08:04 PM

Any Scott Kirby or Jerry Jeff Walker fans here?
On my bucket list is to spend a week at Jerry's place in Belize.

#29 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 08:35 PM

I guess I'm one of those rare souls who can think back to just about any era or genre of music and tell you something that I liked from it. My tastes in music are VERY eclectic...from country to blues to rock to metal to adult contemporary to Jazz to Swing, and Classical...even hip-hop has had some bright spots for me. About the only kinds of music I cannot stomach are jazz fusion (the rhythym-less kind), and gangster rap (or whatever they call the beligerant, disrespectful, variety these days)

#30 89YT12 OFFLINE  

89YT12

• 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 25, 2011 - 07:32 PM

I like this song by Aaron Lewis, its called "Country Boy" ........ Aaron is actually in a rock band named Stained, but ill say this, he is a GREAT country singer ...... George Jones, Charlie Daniels and Chris Young are in it to

‪AARON LEWIS - "Country Boy" (Official Video)‬‏ - YouTube
  • caseguy and Rocking416 have said thanks