• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mitchell660 OFFLINE  

mitchell660

• Member No: 5071
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 09:01 PM

hello.. i am new to garden tractor pulling and i recently got an old bolens G10.. i was wondering if putting a 340cc polaris snowmobile engine would be a good idea, and also if y'all heard of anyone else doin this.. thanks

Edited by mitchell660, July 22, 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#2 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 09:27 PM

i don't know much about it, but the best i can tell you is decide where you want to pull and find out what their rules are before you build a machine you might not be able to compete with. also once you're in with those guys they will be able to guide you in what to build and how to build it. hope this helps.

oh and welcome to GTTalk!!

#3 mitchell660 OFFLINE  

mitchell660

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 09:48 PM

yeah.. i already checked, and the class i would pull in is light super mod... i think it would just come down to the ratios

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 06:33 AM

:wave: mitchell660 Welcome to GTTalk! It's good to have you here! The only pulling I have ever done is stock classes as I have none that I'm willing to modify at this point. I do wish you luck in your project though! We have a few members here that do some pulling and I'm sure that they'll be along soon enough.

#5 player92my3 OFFLINE  

player92my3

• Member No: 5087
  • 1 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 12:40 PM

As long as its okay with were your pulling it should work ive never heard of your idea but if it works it would be really cool.

#6 hotya100 OFFLINE  

hotya100

• Member No: 1906
  • 8 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 09:26 PM

Go for it. Haven't ever seen any snowmobile pullers down here. I have seen some youtube videos though. The motorcycle powered ones are popular around here. They had a total built from scratch frame with garden tractor sheet metal. One was chain driven to a solid rear axle. The other was a shaft drive motor to a narrowed car rear end. The owner was going to convert the shaft drive to a chain drive. Never got to pull with him again, so I don't know how it turned out.

#7 mitchell660 OFFLINE  

mitchell660

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 10:15 PM

ok... i just decided to use the snowmobile engine since i had it lying around... i will have to post some pictures when i get a little further, i got it all apart right now and am currently in progress of welding the rear end.. so soon

#8 trowel OFFLINE  

trowel

Summer.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5127
  • 4,819 Thanks
  • 4,533 posts

Posted July 26, 2011 - 03:28 PM

yes, sweet, i was thinking of doing that and my still do it, but the 2a016 engine was just vexing me,...mmmmmm ?, what can i do to it ?........anyways, pic.s please, i'll show you mines if you show me yours,....um hold on, that did not come out right :confuse:
trowel

#9 Rick Brumback OFFLINE  

Rick Brumback

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4355
  • 19 Thanks
  • 124 posts

Posted August 01, 2011 - 06:55 PM

some clubs allow that motor,check this out.INO OUTLAW.

‪Ino Outlaw - prairie farm test run‬‏ - YouTube