• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 22, 2011 - 08:03 PM

so i was driving along today, and seen a case 44 for sale, i turned into the driveway so fast the guy behind me almost rammed me =) the owner wasnt home and there was no price on it. i dont think it was hydrive and it didnt have any attachments by it. this guy has tons and tons of equipment in back and every month or so he rotates inventory. what would one of these running be worth? its in great shape no dents cracks rust. o and a pair of boxers were under the seat *puke* if i do buy it, ill give the owner his boxers for free, i wont even charge lol. also how are the snowblowers and decks for these?

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 06:45 AM

Many times the price is different from one area to another. Around here, the price generally ranges from $500 to $850 for the tractor itself depending on the condition and options that come with it. I know that Case made a really good mower deck for them and the generally sell for good money in working condition. I'm not familiar with the snow blowers though.

#3 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:49 AM

The value of these Case GT's varies greatly . Overall condition, engine condition, hydraulic operation, attachments, and options such as rear PTO, sleeve or 3-point hitch, holding valve, weights/chains etc. will affect price. The two other biggies in value are the location and how bad one wants that tractor. There are few Case/Ingersoll GT's in my area and sell high here. Go 100 miles North into PA. from here and the price drops drastically. Is it a Sunset model or all Power Red? Is it old enough to have been originally outfitted with glass headlight lens and are they there? Those go upwards of $100 a set if they need to be replaced for restoration. LOTS of parts are still available from factory and some are common OTC stuff. Post pics and S/N if possible, that would help a lot in determining value.
  • mikebramel said thank you

#4 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 05:52 AM

BTW, the decks are excellent for these units and the Snowcaster is about the best single-stage blower on the market. That 444 is also Hydrive-all 444's are.

#5 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 26, 2011 - 10:27 PM

its sunset. why are some sunset and why r some all power red?

#6 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 27, 2011 - 08:02 PM

its sunset. why are some sunset and why r some all power red?

It has to do with the year they were produced. I don't know the "cutoff date" for the change, but the all power red ones are newer.