jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 11:50 PM

I went in to my local Auto Value store a couple of days ago to have some JD Green mixed for my 214 project and they came out with about 6 different shades of "JD Green." I am familiar with the 2 available from Deere (Classic and Ag Green) as well as a different shade on their sleds. I would just like to know the PPG Omni code for the Ag Green you can pick up at Deere or in the Valspar Restoration Series. I used Omni on part of my "Crud Cadet" and on an Allis WC and liked the way it sprayed and want to use the same reducers and hardeners. When I asked them at the counter they seemed to have no idea and just said everyone picks something different, bring in a sample from your tractor. No thanks, I'm looking for thr right number the first time. Olcowhand - I see you've used Omni - maybe you might have a code crossover chart to share??? Thanks!

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 05:36 AM

I found mention of these 2 codes online. If you're getting this through your local store, I would ask to see some examples. I have no experience with this paint so I can't vouch for the the codes. I know that over the years, JD used a few slightly different shades of green. Talk to the counter person, hopefully he (or she) is knowledgeable and experienced. Hope this helps!
Green: MAE 46180 A, Yellow: MAE 81512 A

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 09:07 AM

I found mention of these 2 codes online. If you're getting this through your local store, I would ask to see some examples. I have no experience with this paint so I can't vouch for the the codes. I know that over the years, JD used a few slightly different shades of green. Talk to the counter person, hopefully he (or she) is knowledgeable and experienced. Hope this helps!
Green: MAE 46180 A, Yellow: MAE 81512 A

Those would be the correct colors! here's a pic from a guy who used those exact paints.

JD.jpg

#4 jdslednut ONLINE  

jdslednut

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 77
  • 636 Thanks
  • 837 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 10:18 AM

I'm guessing thout that those are the codes for the classic green seeing it's on Those unstyled tractors. What about the newer green? The "Ag" green?

#5 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 22, 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have a 2008 JD2320 and a 1983 314. Considering the 25yrs separating them the original green on the inside of the console of the 314 was very close to the newer tractor. I am using Tremclad JD Green on the 314 and it is slightly darker than the 2320. It will fade slightly in a few years anyway. If you get the JD paint code from a can of their paint then perhaps that can be crossmatched.

Edited by Texas Deere and Horse, July 22, 2011 - 03:39 PM.