#61 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• Member No: 4412
  • 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted September 29, 2011 - 12:36 PM

3 does? It will be for him!
You know he was just checking to see how you were coming along on the tractor restore, right?

No I think they were eyeing me!!!!! :D

#62 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 12:39 AM

h16whitepaint 001.jpg here is the last of my black parts. I used a wheel barol to hold my tubes. seemed to work pretty good.h16whitepaint 001.jpg I added lessflattener and it was to glossy for me I feel like the black is competing with the cream. so iwent back to the flatter black, I think that I like it better. #3 pic compares the old to new. the rest is some of the work i got done today. If you can see some of the parts clearly can somone tell me how they look. I have a 15yr old craftman 10ga. air compressor, and a auto tutch up gun. the compressor can barely keep up, and the gun may be to small. Any thoughts would be great!!!!!!!!

Attached Thumbnails

• h16whitepaint 003.jpg
  • h16whitepaint 008.jpg
  • h16whitepaint 006.jpg
  • h16whitepaint 004.jpg
  • h16whitepaint 002.jpg
  • h16whitepaint 007.jpg

#63 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 04:30 AM

The wheel barrow was a good idea,looking good.

#64 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 05:26 AM

Your doing a great job :thumbs:

#65 Lovintractorin OFFLINE  

Lovintractorin

Tinkerer

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 4180
  • 159 Thanks
  • 603 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 07:10 PM

Looking real good. I'd can't wait too see it finnished. I am still deciding what colors to paint my bolens. I don't like the original all cream color of the 1253 so I was thinking along the lines of cream on the sheet metal and some red, black and maybe brown on the rest. We'll see.

#66 cookiemonster OFFLINE  

cookiemonster

Village Idiot

• Member No: 6338
  • 406 Thanks
  • 1,274 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 08:20 PM

Great work on the paint.

#67 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 11:37 PM

Looking real good. I'd can't wait too see it finnished. I am still deciding what colors to paint my bolens. I don't like the original all cream color of the 1253 so I was thinking along the lines of cream on the sheet metal and some red, black and maybe brown on the rest. We'll see.

Yea I dont know what bolens was thinking when they picked out some of the color combos on thier tractors. Was all the good colors allready spoken for, or did the color guy just have a bad day? I really wanted to put some red or red/orange on mine. It really needs an accent color!!!!!! The only original colors I like is the light brown tin, black frame, red rims. Their is a pic in docs bolens from start to finish post.

#68 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 11:50 PM

h16white 001.jpg

Here is a better photo of the hood I took today. I dont know if it is good enough to determind if my set up is covering right or not?

#69 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted October 05, 2011 - 11:53 PM

I allread have a bug in the grill and I have'nt even put the peddle to the metal yet!:D

#70 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 05:30 AM

Yea I dont know what bolens was thinking when they picked out some of the color combos on thier tractors. Was all the good colors allready spoken for, or did the color guy just have a bad day? I really wanted to put some red or red/orange on mine. It really needs an accent color!!!!!! The only original colors I like is the light brown tin, black frame, red rims. Their is a pic in docs bolens from start to finish post.

IMO the Bolens colors were not really that bad. I believe they were really trying to seperate themselves from the competition by being different and having a new color scheme every few years to keep a fresh new look.

#71 Bigdaddydon OFFLINE  

Bigdaddydon

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1755
  • 75 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 06:47 AM

IMO the Bolens colors were not really that bad.I believe they were really trying to seperate themselves from the competition by being different and having a new color scheme every few years to keep a fresh new look.

:ditto:

#72 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 06, 2011 - 07:25 AM

:ditto:

Also Ditto here.

#73 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 12:27 AM

IMO Bolens started out with some functional colors, but when they went to the white as the main color of the tractor is where I would have done it different. After all these are hard core working tractors, all that dirt,grime, oily finger prints all stand out like a sore thumb on that pretty white sheetmetal. So I guess that we will have to agree to disagree on this one guys.

#74 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 04:19 AM

I really don't mind the white sheet metal,it's when they switched to just white and black that I wasn't a big fan of.

#75 speedyg OFFLINE  

speedyg

Tractorholic

• 71 Thanks
  • 434 posts

Posted October 08, 2011 - 11:31 PM

I really don't mind the white sheet metal,it's when they switched to just white and black that I wasn't a big fan of.

I do agree, and that being said I am doing my best to use the original colors on my H16 and am very happy with the way it looks. Also the decals give the overall paint job a little accent color witch helps. I appriteate you alls knowledge of these tractors and your willingness to share it with folks like myself. I meant no disrespect in regard to the color issue!

Well it snowed about 10 inches here today and I had to resort to HHP "human horse power" to remove the snow. I have the tractor on her wheels again and my wife said that if I would hook the plow up to the tractor that she would push!!! Now thats a good wife in anybodies book. :)