19 replies to this topic

#16 tractormike OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted November 04, 2010 - 08:00 AM

Welcome to the forum Greg H, you did a very nice job on building that dump trailer! It looks like it will serve you well. I like the idea of reusing "stuff" as much as possible and you made good use of that old fuel tank!

#17 RobertBrowning OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1577
  • 0 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted December 05, 2010 - 02:15 PM

Nice dump trailer. I can think of tons of uses for one of them.

#18 dryrun OFFLINE  

• Member No: 1559
  • 56 Thanks
  • 342 posts

Posted December 06, 2010 - 08:06 PM

Years ago, I needed to build a small trailer for the Mem-Sahib's wheel horse, and couldn't find anything in my vast supply of goodies, so broke down and bought 2 one inch trailer spindles from Tractor Supply, I think they were about twelve dollars apeice. Worked out real good in long run, because I could use 4 on 4 hubs, or 5 on 41/2 hubs. Easy to find at salvage yards. Besides, did not have lathe.

gregH Man that is one good looking dump trailer!

regards GEORGE

#19 Josh Smith OFFLINE  

Josh Smith

• Member No: 769
  • 7 Thanks
  • 62 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 02:10 AM

Ive been thinking of building a dump trailer my self of course mine would be simple about 4ft wide 5ft long (the inside of the trailer) with a sliding rear door single axle leaf spring mounted not sure what type of lift id use to dump it or if it would be a manual lift with some sort of latch to allow it to stay dumped back and then you could unlatch it and close it and latch it shut with another latch on the tongue. Not real sure as to my design but I know Id love to build one and build it to last not like those plastic ones they sell nowadays thanks Josh

#20 jj69chev OFFLINE  

• Member No: 626
  • 24 Thanks
  • 150 posts

Posted December 16, 2010 - 11:42 AM

I have a very small manual dump trailer my dad built years ago, I’ve been thinking of widening it and making it a "live bottom"/ dump. Only issue is the tractors i have now have no hydraulics so it would all have to be electric powered. the other issue is its buried under the 30 inches of snow in my back yard