• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 whitelt120 OFFLINE  

whitelt120

• Member No: 5024
  • 17 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 03:14 PM

I have a 1655 massey and it has a bad rear end leak, it looks like its coming from the rear cylinder so i bought new seals and i dont have any idea how to put them in if anyone could give me adive on how to fix the problem i would be highly greatfull

#2 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,630 Thanks
  • 3,870 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 03:21 PM

You can use the service manual in our manuals section but basically you push the end cap in just enough to remove the snap ring and then you can slide the piston rod and end cap out of the cylinder.
  • whitelt120 said thank you

#3 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,076 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 06:18 PM

These cylinders on the 1655/1855's are taken apart by first removing them from the tractor.The mounting pin thats at the cylinder end[not the shaft end] helps to hold that end cap in.You also have to take the pipe/hose fitting out of the cap as well.Once you have that all taken off you should beable to push in on the rod end of the cylinder and push the cap out the back of the cylinder.You'll then beable to service the cylinder.When you put the clyinder back together make sure to use some emery cloth to shine up and take any burrs and sharp metal that will cut the new o-rings etc: As your putting it together try to put the end cap back in so that the hole in the cylinder barrel will line up with the hole in the end cap.Larry
  • whitelt120 said thank you

#4 whitelt120 OFFLINE  

whitelt120

• Member No: 5024
  • 17 Thanks
  • 119 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 11:16 PM

hanks for the info guys im gonna try my best at it ill let u no when i get it done