• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 08:53 PM

honda gx340 s/n 0402105972 . was adjusting valve lash on the motor,ran great to begin with and thought it would be prudent to set the valves . .015 intake,.020 exhaust and to say the least the results were poor . hard to start ,pops and spits back through carb . set each valve with the opposite valve halfway through its lift to make sure the valve i was setting was not on the cam lobe . I had no book to give me proper procedure . just had the clearance specs . have been over it three times and same result . i hate it when i putz up an otherwise perfectly fine motor , any idea guys .:wallbanging: also took carb apart and found a cracked float. cleaned it out and epoxied float temporarily till i get new float and i noticed epoxy doesnt do well with gas , i may have gotten some crap into some part of the carb . this may be the source of my problem rather than the valves. motor is hunting for its correct speed . Either way a carb kit is needed . I should sort that out first i guess .A temporary mickey mouse fix has done it to me before .One of these decades i may finally learn . If someone has the proper valve lash procedure for this engine so i can double check myself and make sure i didnt mess up , thanks guys.

Edited by rexknightly, July 21, 2011 - 12:16 AM.