• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 ariens1966 OFFLINE  

ariens1966

• Member No: 441
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted May 10, 2010 - 03:13 PM

not exactly a mechanical genius...inherited a Ariens GT-16. Does a great job on the lawn, kept the yard clean this winter...but now I am ready to do some tilling but don't know how to engage the tiller :confuse:. Have tried to download a manual here a couple times but I'm on dial up and keep losing the connection.

#17 ariens1966 OFFLINE  

ariens1966

• Member No: 441
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted May 11, 2010 - 12:09 PM

ok no laughing...i'll try not to refer to anything as a thingy...the power control switch seems to only engage the mower...I wasn't engaging the clutch lever...it makes all the difference! And note to self when you disengage the clutch lever make sure you push it all the way down. I had quite a smoke show going before I noticed...actually I smelled it first...hopefully the belts are okay...will have to get my neighbor to take a look...the more i get to know know my little tractor the more i love it...thanks again for the manual!

#18 Niteowl OFFLINE  

Niteowl

• Member No: 613
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 10, 2010 - 07:45 PM

I am looking for a tiller for my Ariens S-14 and maybe some other attachments if I can get them cheap enough.Also looking for theseat deck plastic for mine.Any help is appreciated.I live in Gloucester,Mass. So would be nice if I can get something in my area or close by.

#19 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted June 10, 2010 - 08:51 PM

I am looking for a tiller for my Ariens S-14 and maybe some other attachments if I can get them cheap enough.Also looking for theseat deck plastic for mine.Any help is appreciated.I live in Gloucester,Mass. So would be nice if I can get something in my area or close by.

Welcome to the Forum, Niteowl :welcometogttalk:

You will find this to be a fun and informative place :wave:

You may also want to post in our FOR SALE/WANTED Forum. Having your post there will get more views by others.

Enjoy the site and looking forward to seeing some pictures of your machine if you got any :)