4 replies to this topic

#1 zr600 OFFLINE  

zr600

• Member No: 4208
  • 1 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 03:29 PM

My grass is dying in a couple of spots in my yard from
1. There is a drainage that runs through the edge of my yard and after it rains there is a couple of areas were the water sits till it dries up.
2. Right at the end of the hose from my sump pump and i do move it around every couple of days.
So my question is there anything i can do to keep the grass alive, special fertilizer or special grass seed to plant instead? I have just a few small problem areas were some of my neighbors of good portions of there yards with this problem. I would just like to keep the grass looking pretty good i know this isn't a town yard but the grass is dead and brown and everything around it is green.

#2 wheelhorse656 OFFLINE  

wheelhorse656

• Member No: 5006
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 04:48 PM

My grandpa had that problem in a few spots in thier yard he bought a special grass seed made by scotts but i cant think of the name right of the bat. He got it at Home Depot. Im sure Lowes and Manards would have it. Im sure somone here knows the name ill reply back if i think of it. Hope this helps, Jordan

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,498 Thanks
  • 39,728 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 05:03 PM

Mine is mostly brown. I am not going to try to keep enough water on it to keep it green. Maybe it will kill some of the weeds.

That's what I get for not reading the full title to this thread, mine's dying from lack of water. Ya'll carry on and don't mind me.

Edited by KennyP, July 20, 2011 - 05:57 PM.
Added Comment

#4 poncho62 OFFLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 634 Thanks
  • 1,220 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 06:53 PM

Mine is mostly brown. I am not going to try to keep enough water on it to keep it green. Maybe it will kill some of the weeds.

That's what I get for not reading the full title to this thread, mine's dying from lack of water. Ya'll carry on and don't mind me.

No rain here in the last month......Mine is brown too.....the weeds are green as can be........

#5 my deere OFFLINE  

my deere

• Member No: 5245
  • 0 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 31, 2011 - 05:29 PM

Hi All,
I think that the first thing that you should do is a plug aeration. I have had great luck with this.