• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Clippnalawn OFFLINE  

Clippnalawn

• Member No: 4993
  • 109 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 11:51 PM

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to the gard:help::help:en tractor world as well. A friend of mine brought me a john deere lt150 with a blown head gasket, replaced the head gasket and went through the carb. After reassembly the engine seems to run away under no load, I tried adjusting the high idle from the factory setting but them have no power to mow with. I preset the governor preload as it states in the kohler cv manual but it seems like the governor isnt doing anything. Can the governor be disassembled with out tearingdown the whole engine and any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,457 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 04:38 AM

:welcometogttalk:
I can't help with your problem, but wanted to say Hello! Hopefully some one will be along with experience on one of these engines. Have a good day.

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,454 Thanks
  • 6,623 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 05:12 AM

Welcome to GTtalk , I can't help you out either , maybe there are pictures of the linkage to double check yours , hope it's something simple , Al

#4 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 05:13 AM

:wave: Clippnalawn Welcome to GTTalk! I'm afraid that I'm no help specifically, but when you re-assembled it, are you sure that you got the linkages and springs back where they started from? I did that with a snowblower once and it was a real PITA. Best of luck with it. Some pictures might be helpful when one of the experienced JD guys comes along. BTW, We're glad to have you on the forum!

#5 Clippnalawn OFFLINE  

Clippnalawn

• Member No: 4993
  • 109 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 09:44 AM

Thank you for the welcoming, and yep all linkages and springs are back in their proper position. I only heard the engine run for a few minutes when he dropped it off, just enough to see it puking oil into the carb...I'm starting to think maybe the governor went bad and caused him to lose the head gasket...thanks again