3 replies to this topic

#1 mrcrispi OFFLINE  

mrcrispi

• Member No: 4404
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hey guys!
Most of you have seen my tractor by now, and I wanted to let you know it can start up and run! Woohoo! Thanks guys! :dancingbanana::worshippy2: :beerchug:

Now, I wanted a few opinions, should I restore it OR go full out customization on this bad boy? I'm defiantly going to make the exhaust come out then have a 90 degree elbow piece and have it go straight up, because I think it'll look cool. LOL
Ideas? suggestions? Have an opinion? let me know!

And finally, I've made myself another Youtube channel soul-ly for my projects. MAINLY for my one and only, MW tractor. :rocker2: I'm uploading my first video (its very thorough, I go over the whole tractor and ask questions, if you could answer it would be very appreciated!) as I type, and it says it will be fully uploaded in 243 mins.. LOL. :bigrofl: So it'll be up soon. Don't worry!

You can check that out any time at:
‪NeverEnoughProjects's Channel‬‏ - YouTube
Videos will be comin' all the time, hopefully!

Thanks guys!

P.S. When my tractor's running, and i move the throttle to out of idle, the girl shuts down on me? :confuse:
Maybe its just a carb. clean out that's needed? Or a possible rebuild? Let me know what you think!

P.P.S. The Points and Condenser are located in a little box on the left side of my engine, and it seems to be filling up (very little) with oil? Any one know why?

Thank you so much, again! :D:D:D

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,242 Thanks
  • 28,599 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 07:11 AM

Making headway is always a good thing :thumbs:
I guess I never realized how much they resemble the older Allis units

As for oil in your point box. That's not a good thing, it will cause you spark problems eventually. Possibly where the pin comes thru, it is worn and if that's the case, not much to do. If the pin is worn, that can possibly be replaced?

Should be a weep hole in the bottom of the box, just for such occasions tho. Or you may need to "unseal" the gasket down at the bottom... Better outside the box than building up in there.

#3 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,383 Thanks
  • 39,650 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 07:26 AM

Since there doesn't seem to be to many survivors of these, I would look at restoration. Just my $.02.

#4 mrcrispi OFFLINE  

mrcrispi

• Member No: 4404
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 03:34 PM

Thanks for the replies guys.

I'm really not sure about the points box.. The 'leak' is so little, but after a month it made the dipstick read just below the safe zone.. Anyone know where the drain is for oil?

Going to buy a carb. rebuild kit soon, hopefullt that will fix the running problems!

Any ideas would be great guys. Thanks!