• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 plab OFFLINE  

plab

• Member No: 4629
  • 6 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 05:26 PM

So the gt20 I bought, I'm discovering I got some pieces missing for my blower, the drive shaft for one (ouch) then maybe some kind of spring lift assist parts .
if somebody has some photos of their machine showing the blower hook-up I sure could use the help.
also I have a rototiller and plow blade I'm going to sell. I'm in central Maine if anyone is interested

plab

#2 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 08:30 PM

I don't have any pictures of the blower hooked up, but I may be able to get some pics of the parts as they are attached to the blower.

How much for the blade and tiller? I don't really need either one, but I'll be in York in about a month, so if I can twist the wifes arm...

#3 jjkrjh OFFLINE  

jjkrjh

• Member No: 1171
  • 8 Thanks
  • 33 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 09:57 PM

assist springs-2.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• assist springs.jpg

• Enginerd said thank you

#4 Enginerd OFFLINE  

Enginerd

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 611
  • 61 Thanks
  • 140 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for taking those pics. I've been meaning to do it, but my blower is buried in the corner of my shed.

There is no doubt the lift can easily lift the blower without the springs. The spring assist is there to help reduce the down pressure on the blower on the driveway surface by allowing the blower to "float". If you have a good blacktop driveway, there is probably no need for them. I have a gravel driveway, and the springs are helpful because the reduce the weight of the skids on the stones. I'd really like a set of stronger springs, because even with max assist I still dig in more often than I would like to.

#5 plab OFFLINE  

plab

• Member No: 4629
  • 6 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 05:29 PM

thanks , good info I have hot top but its old sounds like the springs will be a good thing. I guess I'm missing the bars that the springs hook to but they look easy enough to build

plab