• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,421 Thanks
  • 2,785 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 08:29 PM

Well i'd have to look it up, as i just know where to turn from the show grounds. Even though most of the buildings burnt in a suspicious fire in 1986, there is a large part of the orginal brick one left with most of the David bradley name on it facing the west. The story was that Roper having a bad time with the unions, closed the plant down and moved all the stuff out to the east coast. Rumor there says unhappy former employees started the fire, but i dont beleive anything was ever proven. After sitting empty for a while the city of Bradley ended up wit the property and turned it into an industial place with several small companys using spaces in the remains of the orginal brick building. It is a site to see as the building was a massive thing and nicely done. I havent gone over there for a few yrs now, but the spot where tractors were tested was on the south western side, out closer to the railroad tracks.

#17 wilberj ONLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,125 Thanks
  • 5,157 posts

Posted August 24, 2011 - 08:32 PM

I was going to see if you can see were the tractors were tested on google maps.

#18 FrankZ OFFLINE  

• Member No: 919
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted August 25, 2011 - 10:24 AM

Thanks guys for the nice comments on my David Bradley & Cordwood Saw!!! George - you are right... very small world.