5 replies to this topic

#1 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 11:54 PM

Looking for a set of front turf tires and rims off of a massey/snapper 1855 to put on my massey 1650. Would like to have the extra floatation when the yard is alittle soft after our becoming normal every year summer down pours! Would trade/exchange my tires and rims or dollars for a set. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 09:24 AM

Rims are bolt on to hubs on the 1655 & 1855, so you'd have to do some modding to use them. Maybe need to just buy entire spindles as well as rims & hubs. Could get pricey. Never seen rims & spindles for sale from the 55 series, but they have to be out there.

#3 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 09:28 PM

Rims are bolt on to hubs on the 1655 & 1855, so you'd have to do some modding to use them. Maybe need to just buy entire spindles as well as rims & hubs. Could get pricey. Never seen rims & spindles for sale from the 55 series, but they have to be out there.

Thanks olcowhand! Never realized that the 55 series bolted the rim to a hub! You have any idea if the complete spindle/hub assembly off a 55 series would fit in the axle tube on a 1650? Thanks again! Great to see a strong network of people helping eachother out on here.....means alot!

#4 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,650 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 10:00 PM

Thanks olcowhand! Never realized that the 55 series bolted the rim to a hub! You have any idea if the complete spindle/hub assembly off a 55 series would fit in the axle tube on a 1650? Thanks again! Great to see a strong network of people helping eachother out on here.....means alot!

I have both, so will check to see if I can tell if spindles will cross. It will be late tomorrow evening or Sunday before I can though.

#5 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted April 10, 2010 - 07:39 AM

You might be able to find some rear rims and tires from a small unit that would be the same size. I have seen trailer hubs adapted to fit the front of a MF, that might be another option, but you wouldn't be able to use the stock 1855 rims.

#6 Luke ONLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted April 10, 2010 - 09:16 AM

Thanks guys, I have a massey number 7 lawn mower and the rear tires are 18x8.50-8. Is that the size they use on the front of the 55 series tractors? They are held on to the rear axle by 3 lug bolts. If so theres a new source for the tires and rims.....only thing now would be finding the spindles and hubs for the front axle!? Luke