• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 21, 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hey Rusty, Earthgrinder has written some very informative articles on these tillers in L A G C magazine. If you get the chance to pick up the issue with his story in it, you will really enjoy the read.
  • RustyTub said thank you

#17 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 25 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted July 23, 2011 - 10:15 PM

Well last night I got the carb back on and the fuel filter rebuilt, put gas to it yank the cord and................ Nothing. I tried for a long time with no luck.

So I put it away, and waited for a buddy to stop by. My friend showed up and I was showing the tiller to him he walked right to it gave it a pull and it roared to life. The good thing was that it smoked enough to keep the mosquitos away. It sounds great cant wait to get the tines in the dirt.

#18 earthgrinder OFFLINE  

earthgrinder

• Contributor
  • Member No: 450
  • 817 Thanks
  • 355 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 04:03 PM

I should have mentioned that it is a good idea to remove the drain plug at the bottom of the crankcase of any Rototiller that has been setting for some time. As the crankshaft seals wear, transmission oil leaks into the crankcase and as you have experienced, it puts up quite a cloud of smoke and smells really bad.
  • RustyTub said thank you

#19 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 25 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 04:35 PM

That plug was out when I bought the Rototiller. I replaced the plug before I ran it. I do believe I read about draining the crank case on your website. We are planning on taking the Rototiller to a local tractor show.
  • 637Yeoman said thank you