5 replies to this topic

#1 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 11:28 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but very familiar with Massey products.....family has been farming with Masseys for over 60 years! My Grandpa once had a 1655 garden tractor which he sold yrs ago after hydro gave up and died and I always liked that tractor. So I went out on a search and have found this 1650 and have bought it for 300 dollars. Remember my grandpa always having problems with the timed blades on his deck and would go through pulleys and belts like water! LOL! I need to rebuild the deck on this 1650 and have turned up no new cogged pulleys from snapper or massey(agco) and was curious to if anyone has devised a solution to this big problem other then chopping the heck out of the deck or buying old used pulleys off ebay! Other then monkeying with this old deck maybe I'd be better purchasing a new John Deere 72 inch deck and putting it on the tractor? Any thoughts? Thanks to all who respond!

#2 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:07 AM

Welcome to GTtalk Luke. I am not very familiar with the decks on the bigger Masseys but I know there are a few talented and knowledgeable guys here that can help you and I am sure they will be able to help you out.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:33 AM

:welcometogttalk: Luke , glad to have you here.

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,444 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 07:47 AM

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site but very familiar with Massey products.....family has been farming with Masseys for over 60 years! My Grandpa once had a 1655 garden tractor which he sold yrs ago after hydro gave up and died and I always liked that tractor. So I went out on a search and have found this 1650 and have bought it for 300 dollars. Remember my grandpa always having problems with the timed blades on his deck and would go through pulleys and belts like water! LOL! I need to rebuild the deck on this 1650 and have turned up no new cogged pulleys from snapper or massey(agco) and was curious to if anyone has devised a solution to this big problem other then chopping the heck out of the deck or buying old used pulleys off ebay! Other then monkeying with this old deck maybe I'd be better purchasing a new John Deere 72 inch deck and putting it on the tractor? Any thoughts? Thanks to all who respond!

Hi Luke welcome to GTT.You'll find and enjoy this site,lots of usefull advice here.Now to your problem with your cogged pulleys etc: Check out PG.2 of this Forum and look in the one about MF 1655 Modified Mower Deck. This thread is also in the Projects Section of thie site as well. If I knew how to add the link I'd do it but I'am not sure how to do that so have a look. I know you don't want to modify your deck but once it's done it works perfect and no more worries about the pulleys.Larry

#5 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,608 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 08:45 AM

Here's the thread to modify the deck:
http://www.gttalk.co...mower-deck-555/

I just made the above thread a "sticky", as it will surely be sourced by many.

#6 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

Tractorholic

• Member No: 204
  • 134 Thanks
  • 352 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 09:31 PM

Thanks to everyone that replied to my above question......appreciate the warm welcomes! Thanks again!