• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 cdeal28078 OFFLINE  

cdeal28078

• Member No: 4906
  • 6 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 04:49 PM

You should post a picture of it,when you can.

I'll get the thing out here pretty soon. I am real sentimental about things. Since my dad bought it new and I still remember driving it around picking up firewood I'll never sell it or part with it. I'll fix it up some day. Soon I hope.
I still drive the 71 Ford F100 my dad bought new and gave to me when I was 15. I am 48 now if that gives you an idea of how I hang on to things. lol

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 07:56 PM

:wave: cdeal28078 Welcome to GTalk Clint! Great to have you with us! It's fairly unusual to have a legacy tractor...let alone 2 of them and a legacy truck! That ford looks to be in really good shape. Best of luck with the restoration!

#18 cdeal28078 OFFLINE  

cdeal28078

• 6 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 01:36 PM

:wave: cdeal28078 Welcome to GTalk Clint! Great to have you with us! It's fairly unusual to have a legacy tractor...let alone 2 of them and a legacy truck! That ford looks to be in really good shape. Best of luck with the restoration!

Well, actually the Bolens is a legacy as is the Ford F100. The Ford LGT I did get from my late father in law's estate but he'd only had it a couple of months. It was the last one he bought and the last one he brought by to show me on the way home. He was very proud of it and the fact he bought it for $50 after trying for several years. I tried to buy it from him that day and he just laughed at me. lol
I wanted it after he passed as a kind of tribute to him since none of his kids could care less about his stuff now that he is gone. He has about 30 of all makes and models of riding mowers and garden tractors sitting around just rusting now. Makes me sick to think about all of the wasted money.
clint

#19 player92my3 OFFLINE  

player92my3

• Member No: 5087
  • 1 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted July 24, 2011 - 12:00 PM

Its nice to see people are still interested in old fords.

#20 bit OFFLINE  

bit

• Member No: 5278
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 01, 2011 - 07:57 PM

hey bud good deal glad you got it

bit

#21 bit OFFLINE  

bit

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 01, 2011 - 07:59 PM

oh i am new too
bit

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted August 01, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Where'd all you newby's spring up from? Welcome to GT Talk, one and all. Great place to hang and valuable info to learn. Sit down and post a bit.

#23 bit OFFLINE  

bit

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 05:24 AM

kenny we came from the spring of newbies :bounce:

bit

#24 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:04 AM

Glad to have you all here, bit. I try to keep up with who's new, but some of you guys show up in threads. Enjoy the forum and have a great day.

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:47 AM

oh i am new too
bit

Bit, : welcome: to GTTalk.

When you get a chance , post a member intro, so more people can welcome you aboard.

#26 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,623 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 06:50 AM

I'll get the thing out here pretty soon. I am real sentimental about things. Since my dad bought it new and I still remember driving it around picking up firewood I'll never sell it or part with it. I'll fix it up some day. Soon I hope.
I still drive the 71 Ford F100 my dad bought new and gave to me when I was 15. I am 48 now if that gives you an idea of how I hang on to things. lol

Truth be told, a lot of us are sentimental about our treasures. Part of the hobby I think.

Thanks for saving the LGT, We all know of tractors we would love to save / adopt.

#27 cdeal28078 OFFLINE  

cdeal28078

• 6 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 04:39 PM

I am loving this Ford! It is a Ford so what is not to love right? This thing has some major steering linkages on it that are so much heavier than the comparable Cub Cadet is is sad. Plus the adjustment is so easy on it to tighten the steering.
The Kohler K301 I got in a deal is running great. I mowed several times with the RPM's down around 1700. lol A friend of mine came by with a Tach and I got the RPM's up to about 3475 and left them there as I hate running an engine wide open. I sharpened the blades and balanced them as good as I could again and mowed my parents yard and it did a great job. I need to buy a can of John Deere green and John Deere Yellow and paint a few early rust spots on the so called John Deere LA115 and I will sell it as soon as I can. I have a lady wanting it as soon as I get the rust spots fixed.
I have taken great care of the LA115 but the paint or power coating in it is pitiful.
It has paint getting loose under both foot rests and under both fenders.
The 84-85 Ford is still mostly rust free besides some small surface rust coming through on the white areas of the fenders. It is so small that polishing compound takes care of most of it. This is a real garden tractor and the John Deere is a riding lawn mower.
I NOW KNOW the difference. lol
Welcome to the site Bit. Where are you located?
Thanks for welcoming me so warmly ya'll
clint

#28 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 28,455 Thanks
  • 39,686 posts

Posted August 02, 2011 - 05:01 PM

Clint, I'm glad you are happy with your tractor. Learn all you can about it and give it lots of care. It will last a long time that way.

#29 bit OFFLINE  

bit

• 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 03, 2011 - 06:12 PM

thanks for the welcome all. clint i am in lexington and i am assuming you are the rite clint from slick 60s

bit little

#30 cdeal28078 OFFLINE  

cdeal28078

• 6 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted August 05, 2011 - 03:45 PM

The right one Bit. Glad you are on here. Did you tell me you had a Ford 110- or what? I am just now finding these great garden tractors and am not up on all of the models yet.
Clint