• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 woodman OFFLINE  

woodman

• Member No: 4018
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 10:59 AM

I just got 2 1950 David Bradleys and was thinking about restoring one back to new condition.
The other tractor will be truck driver style with chrom rims and painted black with flames.
the clutch will be chrome with a skull on it.
So my quistion is what rims will fit on a david bradley other than the one that came with it. I want to put costom rims !!!!

#2 ducky ONLINE  

ducky

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 564
  • 1,621 Thanks
  • 3,860 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 11:16 AM

I guess we would need ti know what the bolt pattern is.

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 12:34 PM

Ducky is right. I don't know the bolt pattern off hand, so you'll have to take some measurements for us to help you. You'll need to measure the center to center distance between adjacent bolt holes (they'll all be the same), include the size of the hub hole in the center, and list the number of lugs that are required also.

#4 woodman OFFLINE  

woodman

• Member No: 4018
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 12:42 PM

thank you
i will measure this weekend and reply Monday

#5 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 05:06 PM

All David Bradley walk behind tractors (2 wheel) use a 3 bolt pattern that is the same as a 5 bolt wheel with a 5-1/2" bolt circle. Ford wheels with that bolt pattern that fit are 1932 and up model A and coupe (hotrodders favorites) and then half ton ford pickups up through the 1960s I believe. So any wheel with a 5 on 5-1/2" lug pattern AND at least a 4" center hole will fit the David Bradley walk behinds.
  • DanO said thank you

#6 DanO OFFLINE  

DanO

Greasemonkey

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1918
  • 153 Thanks
  • 350 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 07:47 AM

That's Great detail Info Casey, thanks for sharing, I get guys ask me about this all the time. I knew old Ford & I heard old Dodge Rims will Fit the DB's as well but I just never knew exactly what ones & I have never had the need to try them, allways had the originals.

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 02:42 PM

That's Great detail Info Casey, thanks for sharing, I get guys ask me about this all the time. I knew old Ford & I heard old Dodge Rims will Fit the DB's as well but I just never knew exactly what ones & I have never had the need to try them, allways had the originals.

Same here. I always have originals but I wanted a custom rim so I bought the late 30s Ford spoke wheels for one of them (still haven't installed them). They are for 6.00-16 tires and I was going to use original Allstate knobby tires on them, and get that old tractor look from the 1930s, when they were going from steel wheels to rubber on the big tractors. I know other rims will fit, but the ones I listed will bolt right on and take a 6.00-16 tire, otherwise you can do your own research if you wish to run low profile tires or wide tires, or whatever. Most will require modifications for the center hole, but Ford seems to use the same 4" hole. Do not get a for wire spoke wheel prior to 1932 (the lugs on the outside of the protrusion). You need the later model spoke wheels that hide the lugs inside or else you won't clear the clicker hubs clamps. Not saying they wont fit, because they will, but they will lock in the hubs, literally (interlock the clamp). Just some advice.
  • DanO said thank you