17 replies to this topic

#16 ng4thraider OFFLINE  

ng4thraider

• Member No: 4466
  • 1 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 05:46 AM

Thanks everyone.
I have a question for y'all (this is my first mower). I have a 38" deck that says mulcher compatible on it. Does that mean I can just throw mulching blades on this deck or do i have to get a cover for the side discharge? I always understood "mulching mower" as not having a side or rear discharge. Not planing on changing the blades at the moment but for future reference it would be good to know.

#17 gimmodog OFFLINE  

gimmodog

• Member No: 4860
  • 5 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 09:51 AM

I must give my wife of 32 yrs some credit, she has had a staff infection for the last 6-8 weeks so she's not feeling her best, anyway a couple days ago while I working in the garden (and it was very hot in the sun) she took the cub cadet and mowed around the house, when she finished that she got on the John Deere (72" deck) and mowed all the hay field in front of the house that I now continuously keep mowed. That takes 5-6 hours to do it all and I think she enjoyed it! May have some competition now for seat time!

#18 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,338 Thanks
  • 28,646 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 11:15 PM

That takes 5-6 hours to do it all and I think she enjoyed it! May have some competition now for seat time!

FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, HIDE THE KEYS!!!!

Just kidding, glad she enjoyed herself. Hope she is feeling better. Those staff infections are nothing to fool around with.
  • gimmodog said thank you