Jump to content

Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

Case 444 mower deck

  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1949f1 OFFLINE  


    New Member

  • Member
  • Member No: 3886
  • 1 Thanks
  • 11 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 08:29 PM

I just bought a case 444 and the deck is under it but it is not on right. I can not really read the model number tag on the deck I can make out 44 70 Is there anyone that may have any information or pictures of the deck mounting ? Thanks

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  


    Ron Paul

  • Senior Member
  • Member No: 82
  • 177 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts
  • Location: Milwaukee

Posted July 13, 2011 - 12:11 AM

Can you clarify "its not right"? Thanks

#3 hydriv OFFLINE  



  • Validating
  • Member No: 256
  • 71 Thanks
  • 583 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 06:13 AM

OK.......... You just bought a Case 444 with a Model 44 deck that was made in 1970.

These decks mount very simply. They have what is called a "Mule Plate" that is used to connect the deck to the front of the tractor. The mule plate is tilted forward, slid onto the two pins that are on the brackets that hang down from the frame of the tractor. Those pins engage the slots on the bottom of the mule plate. Once you have the mule plate slid onto those pins, you rotate the mule plate toward the tractor and slip the top "ears" into the slots where the RETRACTED spring-loaded pins reside. Once the ears are lined up, you release the two spring-loaded pins to lock the mule plate in place.

The mule plate has the two belt idler pulleys on it and it also has the mounting frame for the deck. There are holes in the arms of the mounting frame that line up with the holes in the two tabs that are welded to the mower deck on either side of the belt pulley that projects above the surface of the deck. There are two more spots at the rear of the deck that the mounting frame attaches to. Once the mounting frame is connected to the deck in the four places mentioned, there are two "Lift Links" that go between the mounting frame and the bell-crank on the tractor. These lift links are there for raising and lowering the deck.

Now..... all of this makes perfect sense to me but most likely.... I have lost you totally.

Perhaps this will help.

  • mikebramel said thank you

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  



  • Senior Member
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,356 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts
  • Location: Upper Granville, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted September 14, 2011 - 03:39 PM

1949f1,welcome to the forum.
Glad to have you with us.