• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 12, 2011 - 09:04 PM

maybe if i pull the other head out, get a 2x2 and the estwing mini sledge i can fix the other side lol if its a stuck ring i doubt it tho. id like to over haul but i have a great offer on a kwik way loader for the big girl too. its like choosing who to save from falling off of a cliff. also are the cylender walls replacable in these engines? the guy selling the loader says he has cylinder walls for k532's hanging around. that would be nice.

#17 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 09:23 PM

That's one I can't answer. I'm not familiar with the K532's Maybe someone will come along who can help with that one.

#18 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 12, 2011 - 09:25 PM

it would be great, because i could buy my loader, beat the hell out my my cylnder walls until more funds are worked up, then to a good over haul

#19 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 12:10 AM

Its a one piece cast iron block. You can either replace the block or re sleeve the cylinders at about $120 ea cyl

#20 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,304 Thanks
  • 2,336 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 12:46 AM

The wiring is atrocious with taped connections and butt splices everywhere.

That's what I'm dealing with now on my Cub 127.It had 3 complete wiring harnesses stuffed in there.Wires hanging everywhere not even taped up.No wonder the Delco voltage regulator has that nice fresh Burnt Wire smell to it.I put them in the copper recycle pile and I'm rewiring it the way it should of been.

I'm building a fresh Balance gear Delete K301 short block,just got the last of the parts in the mail this morning but no time to tinker today.

#21 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 13, 2011 - 07:10 AM

i guess 120 isnt too bad. with good care it would last another 40 years, or more.

#22 SnowmanPA OFFLINE  

SnowmanPA

• Member No: 2003
  • 12 Thanks
  • 37 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 03:39 PM

Howdy Jdecker94! I repowered my 73 QT-16 with a 24-hp Honda. It is very powerful and smooth! It fits like a factory install. Here is the link:

https://picasaweb.go...T16HONDARepower#

By the way, is this an HT-20 you are dealing with? Have you ever had to do any work to the hydro? I just picked up an HT-20 with a loader that runs good, looks terrible, but has a bad hydro or transmission. Not sure which one yet...I can't play with that new toy until I sell one of my QT's.

#23 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 14, 2011 - 11:37 PM

want someone to take the ht20 with the loader off your hands?

#24 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 14, 2011 - 11:40 PM

nvm, im on the other side of the state.

#25 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 14, 2011 - 11:44 PM

i couldnt repower. id rather rebuild. new engine just arent made as well. aluminum just isnt as strong as iron.

#26 bhts ONLINE  

bhts

Bob's Lawn and Garden Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 945
  • 1,413 Thanks
  • 2,117 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 09:39 AM

Howdy Jdecker94! I repowered my 73 QT-16 with a 24-hp Honda. It is very powerful and smooth! It fits like a factory install. Here is the link:

https://picasaweb.go...T16HONDARepower#

By the way, is this an HT-20 you are dealing with? Have you ever had to do any work to the hydro? I just picked up an HT-20 with a loader that runs good, looks terrible, but has a bad hydro or transmission. Not sure which one yet...I can't play with that new toy until I sell one of my QT's.

SnowmanPA What is it doing.Does the lift cylinder move up and down? If not it may be the charge pump. There is a shear pin that runs thru the gear that likes to break and if it did then the pump will not work.If the lift cylinder works i would check the bull gear in the rearend. You can do that by jacking up the rearend hold one wheel and see how much the other wheel will move before it grabs.Should have very little movement in it.Those would be the easy things to check before tearing into the rearend.