#1 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 01:19 PM

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but.....

YouTube - ‪Cub Cadet's 50 Years of Innovation‬‏

YouTube - ‪Cub Cadet's Future‬‏
  • Bolens 1000 and ducky have said thanks

#2 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 01:31 PM

I don't believe they have been posted yet,thanks.

#3 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 14, 2011 - 10:14 PM

the way cub cadet makes there new products ill give them 15 years....

#4 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,479 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 04:51 AM

It's not Cub Cadet anymore, MTD builds them. I'll stick with the old ones.

#5 mjodrey ONLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 05:00 AM

It's not Cub Cadet anymore, MTD builds them. I'll stick with the old ones.

I agree with you on that,they're not built like they used to be.

#6 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 06:18 AM

Thanks for posting the video ads , Al

#7 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 15, 2011 - 10:00 PM

so i wa sin my second home, tractor supply. and they had a cub cadet 1045 lt or some other cheapo tractor with the front lifted up. i took the opportunity to look underneath, cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap. more overseas crap then you can imagine.

Edited by MH81, July 22, 2011 - 07:51 AM.

#8 jpcubs ONLINE  

jpcubs

• Member No: 196
  • 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 07:08 PM

YOU are rite Cheap but not on price. They havn't been built by IHC since back in the early 80s. They are Cub Cadets but they are not Garden tractors in my books. jpcubs

#9 jpcubs OFFLINE  

jpcubs

• Member No: 196
  • 5 Thanks
  • 23 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 07:17 PM

My computer has been down and I am trying to catch up And I forgot to thank Tmo for the post. Thank you jpcubs

#10 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 18, 2011 - 08:39 PM

the second ad stinks like BS. guided by the same principals as it was in 1961? nothing could be further from the truth. mtd has ruined the brand. cub cadet started out in 1961 as a division of international harvester that built highly capable, strong, and durable garden tractors that have stood the test of time year after year. i have worked on several originals myself, i even put them to work and mowed with them. all of that performance only came from a small 7hp k161 engine. amazing what they can do with so little power. anyways today the cub cadet brand is a far car from what it was in 1961. today cub cadet is nothing but a division of mtd, a company that builds cheap, disposable lawnmower products. mtd builds cub cadet, troy built, and bolens. they build them all the same... like junk. i wish they would keep referring to themselves as if they were the same company that produced the original, the narrow frame, wide frame, and '82 series. it is very misleading, of course that is the intention. i have a very negative view of MTD. the last product produced with the cub cadet logo that was worth a damn was the 3000 series and the has been since been discontinued. the 3000 series didnt equal an IH anyways. the last cub cadet that was worth a look is the '82 series, anything produced after the mtd buy, i will take a pass on.

#11 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 12:22 PM

You people are kidding right? They make junk? they make the same junk as John Deere. Go to Home Depot and check em out.

They only make what people want. No Cub 982s or 169s. Theres not enough demand for tanks like that.

#12 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 19, 2011 - 02:19 PM

id LOVE to be able to take a new cub, and use it like a fourwheeler for 2 hours and see what i break. my 122 i romped a bit on today and its fine, the new ones would snap lol. i wish on my craigslist ads i could prove to people how crappy the new tractors are. people say " oh i can buy a new cub with 2x the horse for another 1000 bucks" i say " they are made like junk, it'll break in a few years" and the reply i get is " hp hp hp hp" i almost give up.

#13 Guest_jdecker94_*

Guest_jdecker94_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted July 19, 2011 - 02:37 PM

i forgot to tell you guys this story. its a good one. so one evening my a-hole neighbor who has a cub CUT loader and backhoe coming down the road on his tractor, with his new dodge ram 3500 cummins diesel blah blah blah expensive truck behind it. well i dont think the turbo works on his truck, so i figured he was towing his truck with it, i start laughing. then i realized he wasnt towing his truck, which was blowing black smoke struggling under the load, but his truck was pushing his tractor up the hill lol. then the person driving his truck passed the tractor. the tractor sounded like it was stuck in low range, the engine was blowing smoke and the tranny was leaking fuild that was bubbling. idk whats wrong with either of them but something is DEFINATELY wrong with the cub.

#14 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 10:31 PM

You people are kidding right? They make junk? they make the same junk as John Deere. Go to Home Depot and check em out.

They only make what people want. No Cub 982s or 169s. Theres not enough demand for tanks like that.

i worked on a 169 down the street. what i nice tractor, i was sad when he sold it. he also has a 782 that i love. my belief is that john deere makes junk because thats what mtd makes. mtd is the competition, therefore if the competition makes junk then they can get away with making junk because there products arent any better or worse than mtd's. oh, yeah and those CUT tractors arent cheap. i guess they are junk too.

#15 Operator OFFLINE  

Operator

• Member No: 1871
  • 8 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 08:54 AM

Two things, How many of those people with "Cub Cadet" on their shirts worked for the "real" Cub?
And how can the "New" Cub Cadet [MTD] take credit for the real Cub Cadet [IH]? doesn't seem right in my book.
I had the real ones then had two of "the others" no comparison!

Randy