• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,898 Thanks
  • 3,523 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 09:54 AM

I sold a ranch king rider to a friend's stepdad a couple of months ago, didn't know it would be that way as he found my CL ad.... Since then he has called me over a couple of times for nuisance issues on it,
Well yesterday I was back. He lives not far away from my work, but he has gotten another machine. Said the one he got from me cuts great but at 82 with the arthritis he sometimes has problems getting on and off of it. Somewhere he came across this red Sears RER, must have been one of the last one that they sold. He got it with the engine pulley off, the PO started doing a belt job and couldn't figure it out and then the PO died. Bill got it with the new belt, pulley and some hardware in a Ziploc bag. He says that he can't get down on the ground and back up very well any more.
So I go over expecting to pop a belt on and be on my way, he says"why don't you just take it home and go over it?" It has been sitting about 4 years like this, what little gas is in it smells awful, he's thinking that the carb might need rebuilt, he has never heard it run, battery is 4 years old and deader than a doornail. Wasn't expecting this
  • KennyP and 4getgto have said thanks

#2 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 394 Thanks
  • 268 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 11:59 AM

Like to see some pictures before you get the Raid out..
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,898 Thanks
  • 3,523 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 01:45 PM

For those who don't know the yard bug was an mtd product, might have been sold as a yard man. The mtd versions we're yellow with as I remember green trim

I looked up "Yard bug" on Google and I guess they sold this same machine as a Cub cadet, a Yard man, and under the White Outdoor equipment brand, as well. 

Edited by dodge trucker, June 13, 2018 - 04:12 PM.

• 4getgto and Sammoore13bolens1053 have said thanks

#4 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,898 Thanks
  • 3,523 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 04:10 PM

Like to see some pictures before you get the Raid out..

ha ha.....

• 4getgto said thank you

#5 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,848 Thanks
  • 8,035 posts

Posted June 13, 2018 - 08:32 PM

Yeah, where's the pictures???  This kind with grass bag/bucket in center to collect?  Many times that part is missing on older ones. They always looked cute, but wondered about how handy that really was with catcher in center. Bet gets overlooked alot.

#6 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,898 Thanks
  • 3,523 posts

Posted June 14, 2018 - 12:12 PM

Yup grumpy, that's the one. This one has the catcher with it.