#16 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,497 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted December 25, 2011 - 11:11 PM

Sounds like your gaining on the tractor. As far as the rattle can paint job goes, I've seen some of those that were better than factory. Let us know how it's runs when you get here going again and thanks for the update.

#17 AZGreenBob OFFLINE  

AZGreenBob

• Member No: 4743
  • 9 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted December 27, 2011 - 11:37 PM

Yes;

Still working on her. Question for those out there. I bought a front extension bracket but found that the rod is tack welded in place instead of having snap rings. Is it still usable for mounting a front blade? I'd appreciate a photo of one installed on the tractor. Haven't been able to find a photo of one installed.

Thanks,

#18 hgl1gtt OFFLINE  

hgl1gtt

• Member No: 7874
  • 2 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 08:16 PM

You should still be able to use the extension. Just means you won't have to search for the missing circlips.

#19 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,648 Thanks
  • 29,840 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 08:34 PM

Yes, AZ, you can still use it, but by now you've likely figured that out. Just wanted to apologize for not catching this thread sooner.

#20 tractorman604 OFFLINE  

tractorman604
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 683
  • 269 Thanks
  • 694 posts

Posted February 13, 2012 - 08:42 PM

Welcome Bob,nice tractor.If i had a lead on a 430 i would drive quite a piece to get it! :thumbs:

Edited by pchili4, February 14, 2012 - 06:03 AM.

• AZGreenBob said thank you

#21 chris m OFFLINE  

chris m

Tractorholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8148
  • 3,277 Thanks
  • 4,033 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 02:03 AM

Welcome Bob,nice tractor.If i had a lead on a 430 i would drive quite a piece to get it! :thumbs:

:ditto:

#22 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,497 Thanks
  • 5,025 posts

Posted February 15, 2012 - 04:57 PM

Hope your still gaining on this project. Any progress?

#23 AZGreenBob OFFLINE  

AZGreenBob

• 9 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted February 16, 2012 - 01:01 AM

To everybody;

Work has been really heavy and a lot of travel. Deck is sandblasted, repainted, and ready for a lube change. Tractor is mostly back together. Got a few odds and ends and a couple of bad wire connections to fix. Unfortunately, I have another work trip coming up and won't get it finished till I get back. Appreciate all the good comments and advice. All fluids changed except the deck gearbox., that is next. New hoses, belts, water pump, thermostat and all that jazz. She will be a running fool when I git'er'done!!!

Thanks all.

#24 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted February 19, 2012 - 06:48 AM

Sounds like you are doing a good job at it.

#25 AZGreenBob OFFLINE  

AZGreenBob

• 9 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted March 28, 2012 - 08:45 PM

Tractorholic and all;

Back home after a month on the road. Hope to get to the 430 in the next week or two after my taxes are done. A few odds and ends and then she'll be running after about 9 odd months. Anybody out there have a 60" deck under a 430? I'm trying to change the belt but it looks like I have to remove a pulley to do that and want to know which one is the easiest to pull. I have tried to inch the old belt out between them but no dice. Once she's running, I'll have to decide whether to keep her or the LT155. I live in an HOA and I can't fit the 430 in my shed. Door is too small and I will probably catch too much flack if I try to keep it outside. We'll have to see.

#26 AZGreenBob OFFLINE  

AZGreenBob

• 9 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 05:02 PM

To all;

Been bad about keeping up with posting my progress. Still working on the 430 but we're making progress. She is also now fitted with a 3 point on the back. Every time I think I've got everything done, I find something else. I have a transaxle leak around the shaft that would run the rear PTO. New seal is ordered but not here yet along with a couple odds and ends for the 60" deck. Has anybody replaced one without cracking the tranny case? I really don't want to do that if I can avoid it. I just discovered last night that none of my lights are working (Headlights and Taillights) so that is the next battle. I did a little investigating and it looks like the PO rewired a separate switch for the taillights and just capped off the other wires. I will be doing electrical troubleshooting this weekend. I'll let you know what I find.
  • twostep said thank you

#27 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,461 Thanks
  • 39,690 posts

Posted November 30, 2012 - 06:39 PM

Welcome back, Bob. Glad that you are making some headway. Can't help with the seal as I haven't seen where you are talking about.

#28 AZGreenBob OFFLINE  

AZGreenBob

• 9 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted August 06, 2013 - 01:36 AM

Its been a long time since I posted, two layoffs and three jobs has cramped my style but the 430 is done and ready for a new home. Everything has been corrected except a small hydraulic leak somewhere around thebrockshaft actuator. With the 3 point on now, I can't tell if its the actuator or a fitting. I'll keep looking. Any hints howto find it?
  • Utah Smitty said thank you

#29 cumminsmannow OFFLINE  

cumminsmannow
  • Member No: 11834
  • 100 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted August 07, 2013 - 05:49 AM

Hey i was wondering if you ever get up to phoenix or know anyone that does. I am trying to buy a motor from a guy in town but am a little hesitant to send a check to him for it not knowing anything about him.
I am looking for someone to just stop by his shop and take a couple pics if the motor and get a feel for the guy.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Tony

#30 Utah Smitty OFFLINE  

Utah Smitty

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5557
  • 1,643 Thanks
  • 1,746 posts

Posted December 08, 2013 - 12:16 AM

Its been a long time since I posted, two layoffs and three jobs has cramped my style but the 430 is done and ready for a new home. Everything has been corrected except a small hydraulic leak somewhere around thebrockshaft actuator. With the 3 point on now, I can't tell if its the actuator or a fitting. I'll keep looking. Any hints howto find it?

I live in Northern Utah-- I have a 420--which is the gas powered brother of your 430.  Is yours for sale?  I have a fellow from Idaho interested in my 420, and I'd love to have a 430.

Regards,

Smitty