3 replies to this topic

#1 Bentwrench OFFLINE  

Bentwrench

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3162
  • 21 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 08:57 AM

The clutch on my GT235 went out and I put on a new one, JD#AM126100. Everything looked good and I have just replaced both bearings in the jackshaft pulley.
When mowing the clutch will start making a "rattling" noise and I feel some vibration. I can throttle down and back up and it quits. It varies in frequency and grass load makes no difference. This clutch does not have the 3 adjustment bolts that I have had on other mowers. So any thoughts, I really hate ruining a new $150 part !

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 10:08 PM

I wish I could help you out, but the only thing I can think of is maybe the clutch is loose on the crank shaft. Sorry I can't come up with more, but this will bump this thread back to the top for a little bit. Good Luck

#3 gimmodog OFFLINE  

gimmodog

• Member No: 4860
  • 5 Thanks
  • 57 posts

Posted July 15, 2011 - 05:12 PM

Sounds to me like it could be a balance problem, possibly a stabilizer that is loose (if it has any).

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 16, 2011 - 08:39 AM

I am not familiar with this setup but is there an idler or belt tensioner that could be loose or have a bad bearing. Also it could be something unrelated to the deck that is being excited by the vibration from the deck when it is engaged. I'd check all the belt guides and covers as well.