• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 07:40 AM

Taking off from my previous thread on the factory PTO. I went and looked at an overpriced MF12 Hydra Speed. It comes with a NIB light kit, deck, blade, and factory 540 RPM PTO. It apparently runs, but the hood had been munched once and torch straightened, the fuel tank was leaking from rust, and the carb appeared to be off of a John Deere originally. It has the pointy zero's on the amperage gauge but has a standard starter. The homemade concrete rear weights were a nice touch. The $800 price tag is a little much, but that's what we've grown accustomed to around here, people just want stupid money for everything! Pulltilbroke and myself were thinking $500 maybe $600 tops. The current owner won't seperate it, and thinks $800 is reasonable:rolling:.

Posted Image

Pulltilbroke has some pictures of the PTO unit he took for everyone. There was one score though, he spotted a factory Bolens sleeve hitch in the guys parts pile and talked him out of it!

#2 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 07:48 AM

Speak of the devil
Massey Ferguson 10 12 Garden Tractor front mount PTO - eBay (item 220584188440 end time Apr-13-10 19:30:37 PDT)

#3 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 07:58 AM

I would say your offer is more realistic than what the guy is asking for the tractor. What I have done in the past is left a business card with the seller with my offer wrote on the back. It doesn't always work but towards fall if the tractor doesn't sell you may be get a call. I have done that with probably 8 tractors and got a call later on 3 of them that they would take my offer. Good luck.

#4 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 09:27 PM

Heres some more pics of the tractor and the PTO setup, also pics of the sleeve hitch I picked up.

Attached Thumbnails

• tractors and what.jpg
  • tractors and what.jpg
  • tractors and what.jpg
  • tractors and what.jpg
  • tractors and what.jpg

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 02:51 PM

I would say $800 is a little high, the blade and pto are in great shape and the tractor doesn't look too bad, it's a shame about the hood and the carb. I would go $650 max on it.

Nice score on the sleeve hitch.

#6 MF10 DIESEL OFFLINE  

MF10 DIESEL

• Member No: 109
  • 73 Thanks
  • 202 posts

Posted April 10, 2010 - 10:14 AM

I'll watch that PTO on ebay. That's what I really wanted from the other seller.

I sign for my house on the 16th and can start moving on the 21st. There is a 12x16 concrete floor garden shed out back to store Masseys etc in. It even has a loft! I'm kind of stalling to buy anything until the 21st or later, unless it's a great deal!

I have a MF7-8 out there waiting, the MF7 will cost me $100, it has the MF8 motor, and it runs! The MF8 is a hydra but needs a motor....HMMM, what to do?

#7 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 06:27 PM

yeah like nutndun said 650 would be the open market price and who pays that :P
it is nice though, cant you just see it now spinning that pto? of course then youd need some attachments for when you bring it to the shows?!?!?!

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 13, 2010 - 04:09 AM

If anyone gets the pto they need to get one of the grain conveyors to run from the pto, at least I think it is the pto that they ran them off of, I never did see real good pics of the setup with one running a conveyor.

#9 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 13, 2010 - 11:09 PM

that pto only went for less than two. seems like a good price. it was in real nice shape

#10 robin OFFLINE  

robin

• Member No: 144
  • 1 Thanks
  • 28 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 06:49 PM

looks like it could use a little of my help (autobody that is)either than that just keep on him he will budge sooner or later
nice rig though

#11 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 14, 2010 - 08:47 PM

I have a nice hood and nose cone, I think the guy wants somebody to make him an offer, say 650-700, The attachments are almost worth that.