#1 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 4,181 Thanks
  • 3,353 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 12:02 PM

Need to sell or trade. Bought from the original owner.

Very good running and looking tractor but needs finished.

Many New parts installed.

This is a Replacement engine with Zero cylinder wear and No balance gears.

Fuel pump leaked internally and washed out the Points lobe on the Camshaft, the Oil rings and the PTO side Crankshaft bearing.

Crankshaft journal miced out to 1.4995. It is within New STD spec of 1.4995-1.5000.

Installed New STD Piston, New Rings, New Connecting rod, (Used but very good condition Cam shaft, spacers and cam pin) New Fuel pump, 12v Coil, Points, Ballast resistor.

4 new engine cradle ISO mounts, 2 new drive belts. cleaned and adjusted variator, new OEM fuel cap with gauge.

Adjusted valves, flushed fuel system. Included is another brand new STD connecting rod and 1 new set of OEM Kohler STD rings.

Starts easy and runs out ok with points set down to 0.018 but has a noticeable knock if set to .020 because the PTO side crank bearing needs replaced. 

Deck has new blades and runs super quiet. It mows very very nice. Don't think the Plow was used but a couple times untill I got it. It has no wear on the cutting edge or skids. Tires are All original and in very good condition. No dry rot which is amazing.

I need to get $650 for it. I have a good bit more than that in it. Or partial trade for a dependable running, mowing lawn tractor with 46"-50" deck with towing capabilities. Might trade even up Depends on the machine.

I need a GOOD Dependable mowing machine.

She's a very good looking tractor. Just needs a PTO side crank bearing but I would replace both. I ran out of funds and time to get this one 100%.

It starts easy and runs out smooth and does not knock at any RPM even under load with the points closed up tighter. I mowed with it twice since putting it back together and it does a great job but it should really have new bearings installed and the points opened back up. It is down on power slightly because the points are closed up tighter than what they should be.

IMG_0052.JPG IMG_0053.JPG IMG_0054.JPG IMG_0055.JPG IMG_0056.JPG IMG_0057.JPG IMG_0059.JPG IMG_0060.JPG IMG_0062.JPG

Located. New Paris, Bedford County Pennsylvania. 

Edited by EricFromPa, May 07, 2018 - 04:47 PM.

• Sawdust and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#2 101 senior OFFLINE  

101 senior

• Member No: 1393
  • 248 Thanks
  • 381 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 04:03 PM

very nice

#3 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 4,181 Thanks
  • 3,353 posts

Posted May 07, 2018 - 04:55 PM

If I didn't have to worry about getting the car new tires and inspection and paying medical bills on top of the regular bills I would fix and keep her. 

It's been stored indoors all of it's life. I park her in my shed so it's out of the weather here to.

Edited by EricFromPa, May 07, 2018 - 04:56 PM.

#4 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 4,181 Thanks
  • 3,353 posts

Posted May 10, 2018 - 09:50 AM

Tractor is Sold Locally. 

I listed for $800 locally and took $750 for it.  I had $680 total in it with parts (I kept my parts receipts this time) so I actually made a couple bucks out of this one. :dancingbanana:

I told him it needed crank bearings but he was more than happy to pay up for it because she was so clean and well cared for. It ran good but had a slight knock under load. It will be fixed and given to his grand son for his birthday. And It went to a good home. 

There are a couple other JDs in Pa but they want upwards of $1200 for them in alot worse condition.

Off to find and save the next one I guess. lol 

• KennyP and Sawdust have said thanks

#5 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 4,181 Thanks
  • 3,353 posts

Posted May 10, 2018 - 11:26 PM

Found my next one allready. Just got back from picking it up. It was cheap.

Edited by EricFromPa, May 10, 2018 - 11:26 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,925 Thanks
  • 47,121 posts

Posted May 11, 2018 - 04:31 AM

That didn't take long!

• EricFromPa said thank you

#7 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 4,181 Thanks
  • 3,353 posts

Posted May 11, 2018 - 12:29 PM

lol

Couldn't pass it up. Only 15 miles from the house. Darn Craigslist.

93? Cub Cadet 1440 with 42" deck and 3 bin bagger. Very clean and rust free but it sat for 5 years in a garage with a full tank of gas in it. All the tires are good an the bagger is complete and in great condition. 900 hours on it but I have all of the original manuals for it and a full service log.

Needs a battery and a good carb cleaning. It just had new PTO, mule drive pulleys, deck pulleys and belts and a full service a couple months before it was parked. PO bought a big zero turn with a bagger and parked the cub in the garage.

$250 + $50 for gas and the small trailer I rented for a couple hours.

I had it started with gas dumped in the carb so I pulled the carb apart and it's a mess from jelled up fuel stabilizer. Going to town and gona grab the best "Wallmart battery"  that money can buy :wallbanging:  and a big can of carb cleaner. She'll be running and mowing by this evening. Then I gota get her cleaned up a bit.

I thing I did really really good lol. I'll have $350 in it total if everything goes smoothly. Want to get her running and change the oil anyway. Not changing the filter it looks like brand new and has a 2013 date on it. 

Bagger is up by the shed waiting it's bath. I have the belt guards for the spindles to but I'm going to leave them off since the guides are there. Alot easier to keep clean.

1 quick pic for ya KennyP lol  I had a heck of a time loading it on the small rental trailer. Rear tires are tubed and loaded and these cubs do not push very easy even with the release lever pulled. And I had to deal with the mud outside the rear doors of his garage which was a huge pain in the rump roast. It's been raining here for 4 days on and off.

IMG_0063.JPG

Gota get it running ASAP. It's on the sidewalk in front of the house. Not a big deal though. I can move it if I have to.

Edited by EricFromPa, May 11, 2018 - 12:43 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold