wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 04:40 PM

Today was a good day. Went to the show, no break downs in my camp or 2 garden tractors lol. My GTTtalk hat on my head was hot all day but I walked around the place a few times, rode tractor a few more. I know people saw it lol. I did not pass out any business cards, didn't bother taking them. Reason is most of this crowd are non computer people lol. But there was a nice 10 HP Kohler K off a cub cadet there, had the starter generator on it, and it was for sale. I finally got up the nerve to ask him how much he wanted for it. $400 dollars was his price, and I know my eyes widened lol. So he explained that his brother got it rebuilt to put on a 7 hp cub cadet, and when he finally got it through his head it wouldn't fit, he sold it to the guy I bought it from. Of course I didn't pay full price. He told me he has been hauling it to a lot of shows and the best offer he's had was a guy offered 70 bucks today lol. (not me) I told him the Kohlers are at least 150 but you have more in it than that so I'm not going to offer that. So he said "what have you to trade?" He really liked my Electric Springfield and tried I think 4 times to trade for it, as if the first No wasn't good enough lol. So I traded him a couple things he liked here at the house, a good sized Briggs missing the carb that I got out of the scrapyard and the 250 watt scooter motor kit i had on the Springfield originally. (too small for my tractors really) I think I did ok, now I just need to know other than a different starter generator, how do I mount starter generator on the front of the engine like conventional?

Oh, this makes the 9th Kohler for me (total)

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 05:59 PM

Sounds like you had an all around good day

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 06:32 PM

Sounds like you had a good day indeed Casey! You wouldn't happen to have any K90T's or K91T's lying around there would ya LOL?

#4 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 06:45 PM

Steve, majority of them are 10, 12, and 14 hp.

#5 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 06:46 PM

It doesn't hurt to ask :smile1:

#6 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,315 Thanks
  • 28,632 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 10:15 PM

Casey, sounds like you did well on that motor. Glad to hear you had a nice show. Wish I could've been there. You will just have to post some pics.

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 10:43 PM

Casey, sounds like you did well on that motor. Glad to hear you had a nice show. Wish I could've been there. You will just have to post some pics.

Ya Alan, I will get some pics on GTTalk soon, mabey you can hook me up with a simple album thingy lol (I hate compressing pictures a lot lol). I also have to get the pics I took off my cell phone, I had Alc's luck today LOL.

#8 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,625 Thanks
  • 3,918 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 11:06 PM

Good trade Buzz! The only way to have too many Kohlers is if they are KT17 series one, so keep draggin' all others home. :thumbs:

#9 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 11:55 PM

Good trade Buzz! The only way to have too many Kohlers is if they are KT17 series one, so keep draggin' all others home. :thumbs:

I know it was a good trade, so did the seller, hey, he picked what he wanted and that was what he got for it. I may end up getting a couple running that I don't need and get them running on their own to sell at a big show to double my money.

#10 scrapiron OFFLINE  

scrapiron

Tractorholic

• Member No: 5985
  • 1 Thanks
  • 104 posts

Posted September 03, 2011 - 10:11 PM

The only way to have too many Kohlers is if they are the new ones, i love the old ones.....