• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 road1949 OFFLINE  

road1949

• Member No: 2364
  • 0 Thanks
  • 29 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 08:43 AM

The Wisconsin engine block on my Bolens Gardener B6A5S is stamped AA-81-K. What does this mean? Thanks for your help. I got her running and drove it around the yard. Doesn't even smoke. Having to use starting fluid to crank but runs and idles fine after started. It only had 55 lbs. of compression before first start. Hopefully after about an hour of combined running time that has inproved. Started on second pull last time. Everything works great. It had to have a new head and rebuilt magneto and Champion D16 plug. The Autolite 386 will not fire in this engine. Still looking for an air shroud to cool the engine. Thanks again. Don

#2 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,173 Thanks
  • 2,144 posts

Posted July 09, 2011 - 09:06 AM

The Wisconsin engine block on my Bolens Gardener B6A5S is stamped AA-81-K. What does this mean?

AA-81-K is typical format for a Wisconsin part number. .....In this case, it probably was the part # or casting # of the engine cylinder or crankcase. ( On some Wisconsin engines the cylinder was separate and bolted to the crankcase.)

Was this number cast into the block (raised letters/numbers) or was it actually stamped (recessed letters/numbers) ?

The B6A5S used a Wisconsin engine model ABN rated at 3 hp.