Garden Tractor Forums banner

seat covers?

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  JDBrian 
#1 ·
since i was kinda forced to replace the seat on my 165, should i get the seat cover for it? also when should the cover be used? all times, or just when im not using the tractor? just kinda wanted some opinions before i go spend that much more money.

thanks
josh

#2 ·
I have one of the JD seat covers on my 2320. I leave it on all the time but my tractor is kept in the garage. The cover provides a bit of extra padding which is good for long sessions in the seat. A friend of mine used to run several JD CUT's in a landscaping business and they used the covers, but took them off when it was going to rain. The covers get wet and aren't much fun to sit on. That's the only drawback I can see to them. You may be able to get an off brand cover for a lot less. I have seen some that were silver so they still won't heat up like a black seat or cover will. About half the cost of the JD cover.

#3 ·
thanks for the info brian! i did wind up getting a cover today, it was only 30 bucks, so not too bad. i think i am gonna leave mine on and see how it holds up to the rain. i wont mow when its wet so i might not have a problem. good to know that there are people that find value in them.

josh

#4 ·
Does the seat tip up on a 165. If so you can avoid the soggy pants from sitting in a wet seat. My problem is I never remember to tip the seat up on the 2320. I don't think the rain will bother it to much.

Reactions: jknapp
#6 ·
brian, i would tip the seat, but unfortunatley the gas cap is cracked, and i have yet to replace it. so for now, the seat stays down.

dth, i would have put on a high back, but money was a bit of an issue back then, and i dont use the tractor every day. if i used it alot more than i do, then i would.

thanks guys

#9 ·
jknapp said:
sorry, i cant tell ya. i dont have a lowes around here. i got both the seat and the cover at john deere.

josh
If they are genuine JD at Lowes than the price should be the same. Lowes may also be selling aftermarket stuff. I don't have a Lowes near me. However at the dealer you can usually negotiate a discount if you are buying a tractor and attachments/ accessories.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.