• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 drivadesl OFFLINE  

drivadesl
  • Member No: 16725
  • 18 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 07:41 AM

Hello!  Happy to see spring has actually started here in the NE!  I obtained a 1973 PK 2414 with  hydraulic lift, plow,  and dual transmissions over the winter, and would like to start sprucing up a bit.  One thing I know it needs is parts for the 3  point.  I've searched this, and can use help in identifying what is missing.  The photo below is what I have.  It looks to me I need the top link ( length??), the height adjusting knobs, and one chain to limit the swing.  Is that it?  Sorry I may not have the correct technical terms. 

Depending on what is missing, I may either fabricate the parts, or order from Mission Mfg, 

Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails

• hitch.JPG

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 52634 Thanks
  • 53129 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 07:55 AM

I think I found that hitch! It's in this PDF. The last page shows the same hitch.

Attached File  Hydraulic lift and 3-point.pdf   659.04KB   174 downloads

I uploaded the file to the PK Implement Manuals section.

• drivadesl said thank you

#3 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62466
  • 5352 Thanks
  • 2603 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 07:59 AM

Hi that is an early 3 pt (nothing wrong with it) the left lift link was fixed just a flat piece a bar stock the right side was adjustable yours looks to be homemade or missing parts but they were simple enough and can easily be fabricated you'll need the top link mount that bolts to the tractor frame again easily fabricated the sway chain can begotten at most hardware stores the top link is a standard cat O link available at farm supply stores. I'll attach some photos of a 3 pt hitch and an adjustable lift link I fabricated and a link to a top link

https://www.agrisupp...9-3-4/p/106072/

HPIM1481.JPG HPIM1482.JPG HPIM1483.JPG HPIM1479.JPG

• KennyP and drivadesl have said thanks

#4 drivadesl OFFLINE  

drivadesl
  • 18 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted April 28, 2018 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the replies, these are very helpful!! I've saved the pdf Kenny, this is an excellent reference for what it all should look like when I'm done. I just don't understand why they kept changing the design of these, should have stuck with one and left it.

Nice fab job GB, what you had to make, looks pretty much like what I need, since i can buy the top link.  Did you bend up the lift link as well?   Looks professional.  Not sure I will need that, what I expect to use more than anything is a carry all.  I fabricated one for my Cub Cadet, and it worked well, so going to do the somehting similar for the PK.  Outside of plowing snow, and moving my trailers around, I need the machine to carry stuff in the yard or whereever.  

Thanks!

• KennyP said thank you

#5 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 5352 Thanks
  • 2603 posts

Posted May 01, 2018 - 11:57 AM

Hi "Did you bend up the lift link as well?) not sure what your refering to the lift link has no bends in it  its the part in the last picture thanks

#6 drivadesl OFFLINE  

drivadesl
  • 18 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 07:29 PM

Whoops!  I reread my post, and yes I was not referring to the lift link in your last photo.  Was referring to what I would want to call a "hitch adaptor" though not sure if thats correct.  Its what is connected at the lift arms and top link. 

Speaking of lift link that you fabricated.  Would it be possible for you to send me some of the major dimensions and stock sizes used on yours?  

• MNGB said thank you

#7 MNGB ONLINE  

MNGB
  • Contributor
  • 5352 Thanks
  • 2603 posts

Posted May 02, 2018 - 07:43 PM

Hi yes I'll try and get you some measurements, yes that's a draw bar and was a PK OEM that I modified by adding to its height so it would stay level as the 3 pt is raised or lowered for the life of me don't know why they originally made it so short. Here's a few more pictures of the lift link fab. The rod is 5/8" ready rod the round stock is 1" diameter X 1.25"  the bottom one is drilled 5/8" the top one is drilled and tapped for 5/8" 11 thread. the handle is 1" X .5" X 3" tapped for 5/8 11 has a jam nut under it ti lock it in place. spacer over the lower thread part is .5" conduit

HPIM1460.JPG HPIM1461.JPG HPIM1463.JPG HPIM1464.JPG HPIM1466.JPG

Edited by MNGB, May 02, 2018 - 07:45 PM.

• KennyP said thank you