• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 507 Thanks
  • 364 posts

Posted April 23, 2018 - 09:26 AM

I listed this before with a bunch of other items & seemed to have a fair amount of interest in it. Everything else has sold now & this is all thats left. These are pretty uncommon to come across. Very little information on the internet about them as well. Might not have sold it before because of the shipping costs, or possibly my price was too high, really not sure but here it is again... I had it listed for $450 but now open to reasonable offers. I dont have the need for it at my current residence.
This is my tow behind York Rake (otherwise known as a Whirley Rake) which is basically a power dethatcher. There were shaft driven versions of this made for model specific tractors but this one can be used with anything since it just hooks up on the back of a GT or even 3 or 4 wheeler. This one was made the last year York made them. There are 3 bars with a row of i believe 20 tines each bar. These bars of tines constantly rotate & sweep (dethatch) a windrow off to the side of it making a nice clear path of lawn in its path & a windrow of unwanted material off to the side. Works great for leaves, pine needles, nuts, stone, etc. I have a few new bars, a couple new inserts that hold the tines, & a complete NOS set of tines for this unit, + a few extras not counting the ones on it. I purchased this used from an older gentleman that used to sell these & kept it to use himself when he closed up shop, which is also why i have all the new "extras". This does run but needs to be cleaned up because of the old gas in it. This was never kept outdoors & is in VGC. Hopefully ive described this well & have answered most questions you may have. If interested or you have anymore questions please message me. I prefer not to ship because of the hassle, but will if you just "have to have it", but you make all arraingements. I've included a few pics i found on the web that should help to make my description a little more clear. Not all information on the internet brochures are accurate to this particular unit as they made changes to them & offered different versions thru the years. This DOES have the original motor on it, it HAS NOT been altered in any way. Ive only included these brochures to give a better understanding of what they are & how they work.

Attached Thumbnails

• 00V0V_6rWWzvd2t_600x450.jpg
  • 00V0V_hHCjDqrH2zH_600x450.jpg
  • 00j0j_cTObvXbS9mx_600x450.jpg
  • 00q0q_cXcpHOFDIKL_600x450.jpg
  • 00101_jfrp8gGuPyR_600x450.jpg
  • post-802-0-14242300-1498811512.jpg
  • post-802-0-67282900-1498811521.jpg

Edited by kjmweld, April 23, 2018 - 09:44 AM.

• Gtractor and hamman have said thanks

#2 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 507 Thanks
  • 364 posts

Posted April 23, 2018 - 06:16 PM

Sold locally today. Could someone please mark it sold for me please? Ty.
  • KennyP said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold