• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 256 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 05:37 AM

Have mounted my 25 gallon tank in a yard trailer, have a North Star pump on it. (3 GRPM pump)
On my second tank and second pump in the last 20 years.
Drove 2 1\2 hours to spray my sons 4 1\2 acre lawn today. Sprayed 2 4 D, and tank mixed a spray he uses for ticks. Then spread fertilizer (granular) on about 2 + acres.
What is everyone using for a liquid fertilizer to spray on? Have not found anything around here, except in a 50 gallon drum.

I've gotten liquid fertilizer at Tractor Supply. Thinking it was 20% nitrogen.
Believe you can even get it through Amazon.
  • Cvans, Deerefarmer41 and chieffan have said thanks

#17 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,825 Thanks
  • 3,459 posts

Posted May 09, 2018 - 12:40 PM

This year I am going to try to take a break from fertilizer, and concentrate more on weed control, creeping Charlie is here with a vengeance this year, and I want to keep it from turning into crabgrass like usual. I don't mind the occasional clover. I have some OLD weed b gone that my mom has had sitting in the garage for at least 20 years, got a little banvel from someone that I know at FS, mixed up that with the weed b gone. I have some Gordon's pasture pro here, been using that the last couple of years, when I use up all of this old stuff I think that I will buy Gordon's trimec in the future, I forget the 3rd ingredient but the 1st 2 are 2,4-D and dicamba (same thing as in banvel without having to "know someone" to get)
I have some granular fertilizer with iron and nitrogen in it, may put some down later in the season.
Next thing to put down is grub ex, my neighbor had to till his yard under last fall because of them.
  • chieffan and 4getgto have said thanks

#18 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 14,141 Thanks
  • 10,206 posts

Posted May 09, 2018 - 05:08 PM

Got it sprayed! Now just sit back and watch all the neighbors dandelion blow over...

One neighbor wonders every year why she has so many. (As she looks out the window watches me).

Folks insist on scalping their yard and then wonder why they have so many weeds. Taller grass shades out a lot of weeds.

• KennyP, chieffan and 4getgto have said thanks

#19 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • 256 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted May 09, 2018 - 06:00 PM

Folks insist on scalping their yard and then wonder why they have so many weeds. Taller grass shades out a lot of weeds.

You know my neighbor????.... Knew an old timer once and his thought was if you mow REALLY short you didn't have to mow as much!!!!
  • KennyP and chieffan have said thanks

#20 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 11,377 Thanks
  • 7,120 posts

Posted May 12, 2018 - 05:28 PM

Mowed once and did not see any white clover.  A few scattered dandelions that I took care of the other morning when there was no wind.  Had a real white clover problem last year.  Had it think in the ground cover in the outdoor railroad.  Done a lot of hands and knees work to get a lot pulled out.  This year the ground cover has taken over except for one area.  I used a strong 2-4 D mix when I sprayed.  Wand set on course spray and think I got them all, till a few new ones pop up.

Why on earth do some people think that mowing real short like a golf green is the way to go.  Had a friend that made his wife mow real short.  I ask if he was trying to kill his lawn out.  "Trying to"  was his answer, "won't both me not to mow."  He wouldn't do it any  way, his wife did.  He is gone but she still mows short.  Will have to raise the deck one notch for this next mowing.  Will cut one area shorter as I need the clippings to put around the 18 cabbage plants and vineing plants.

• Cvans and 4getgto have said thanks

#21 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • 256 Thanks
  • 199 posts

Posted May 12, 2018 - 06:01 PM

Wife always wonders why I worry about weeds in the lawn so much. "Other things to worry about" she says.....

Guess who points out that one and only dandelion that pop's up that was missed......;(
  • Cvans said thank you

#22 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 7,304 Thanks
  • 6,388 posts

Posted May 13, 2018 - 09:29 AM

Guess who points out that one and only dandelion that pop's up that was missed......;( 

:bigrofl:

• 4getgto said thank you