• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 473 Thanks
  • 341 posts

Posted April 13, 2018 - 10:52 AM

No photos at the moment until i get things out of winter storage. I've got an fd36 Gannon Earthcavator that was made for a sears GT. I dont have a sears, i bought it for my Bolens & cut off the sears stuff (which had a few broken welds anyway) & was going to weld on new stuff so it could be used with any cat0 set up. Thats where the project ended. Ive decided im going to sell it. My question is this... Whats the current fair value on it? Im trying to decide if i should finish the project so it can be used by anyone with a cat0 hitch, or sell as is with the sears tabs i cut off, basically just feeling out where the interest would be. At this point someone could make it work for their application, even a sleeve hitch if thats what you have. Am i lessening the potential buyers by going any further with it or go thru with the plans on the cat0 set up? & whats its value either way? Love to hear your opinions & interested parties feel free to message me (Im located near Syracuse, N.Y.). Im going to hold off doing anything for now so i can see where this goes.
  • Clevis said thank you

#2 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 8,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 13, 2018 - 11:41 AM

Normally, I've seen the Sears models go for 250 and up when seller knows what they have, little cheaper if someone finds one that seller really doesn't know.

With the mounts cut off, that would lower price a little. I would personally leave it as is and buyer can fix it or mod it as needed.

If I was closer, I would consider it.

• kjmweld said thank you

#3 Rock farmer OFFLINE  

Rock farmer
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10759
  • 1,229 Thanks
  • 1,245 posts

Posted April 13, 2018 - 06:42 PM

I have a sears that was modified to work with class 0.
I paid $250 for it.
I say modify it and ask $350.

Joe
  • kjmweld said thank you

#4 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 473 Thanks
  • 341 posts

Posted April 14, 2018 - 02:56 PM

Thanks TAHOE & Rock farmer. I just wanted to put it on here mostly to give people the chance to comment on a value either way, like it is now b4 i do anything, & what it would be after i made it cat0, OR if anyone had any offers. As long as the weather isnt cooperating yet for me to get too it again, I figured it would give someone a chance to buy it cheaper now than if i do finish it up. When the weather does FINALLY give us a break, i'll finish it up & throw it in the classifieds.
  • Rock farmer and TAHOE have said thanks

#5 Clevis OFFLINE  

Clevis
  • Member No: 82966
  • 290 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 12:53 AM

I bought my FD36 from a fellow member last year. It was one built for the Sears hitch. I paid $300.
Last fall I finally got around to converting it for a CAT0 hitch.
I'm out here in the PacNW. I've been searching for a Gannon everyday for more than two years (would love to upgrade to the FD42) and I've only seen 2 come up available (the one I bought and a 42 that got away). I think they're kinda rare out here.
If you've already cut the Sears hitch off, I would finish the job. I would have appreciated having the CAT0 set up done and probably would have been willing to pay more.

Edited by Clevis, April 17, 2018 - 12:59 AM.

• kjmweld said thank you