• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 thgilder OFFLINE  

thgilder

• Member No: 105
  • 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 04:52 PM

Does anyone know, or have instructions on how to install a MF 510 Mower deck to a MF16. I went to the manual section of this form, but the operators manual only had odd pages available not the even. :confuse:

Any help would be great!

Also does anyone know what this part is:

DSC00022..jpg

Is this something I need for the 510 mower deck or my 550 tiller?

Thanks

#2 fordmustang1984 OFFLINE  

fordmustang1984

Tractorholic

• Member No: 27
  • 23 Thanks
  • 428 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 09:24 PM

I'm not sure because i don't have an MF16, but I think thats the mule drive for the deck and the tiller. Maybe someone else who has or has had one can help?

#3 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 09:34 PM

Yep, you need that for both tiller & deck. That attaches to the front of tractor on 2 pins from chassis. This guides the belt from the PTO clutch to the deck or tiller. I will see if I have the manual that shows all this & if I do, will try to scan & post tomorow.

#4 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 06, 2010 - 10:25 PM

My fault, I had a guy I know turn a bunch of manuals into PDF, he never figured out it was only doing the odd pages, I've fixed most manuals, I'll try to fix this one soon, yep you need a mule drive for deck and tiller, I just sold one of my extra's to a member last wek

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:30 AM

You are in good hands with these guys, they will have ya mowing in no time.

We are also working on trying to get more manuals in color, I can't promise anything but maybe in the near future :D

#6 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:43 AM

:welcometogttalk:thgilder,glad to have you here.

#7 thgilder OFFLINE  

thgilder

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:27 AM

Thanks For All Your Help!

I kinda figured that it went to the front of the tractor, because when I removed the snow blower I noticed how the belt worked with it. The belt for the deck and tiller are incredibly long and must work in the same manner, just in the opposite direction. (moving to the rear instead of the front)

I just don't see were it attaches to the front. I might have a homemade part added to the front of the tractor which might be blocking where it is supposed to go.

untitled..JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled..jpg

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:59 PM

Allergies hit me today, so pardon my not getting those pages scanned. I don't recognize whatever that is on the tractor's front. The mounting pins for the mule drive will be behind whatever that is up front....which may be snowblower part??? Never owned or been around any model Massey snowblower to know.
The mower deck belt is either 1/2x90" or 1/2x91".

#9 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 02:46 PM

The piece that is on the front does look like it belongs to the snowblower maybe.

#10 mf14 OFFLINE  

mf14

• Member No: 198
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 04:54 PM

I agree, that does appear to be part of the snowblower, but it seems rather odd that it's separate from the rest of the blower. That will have to come off from the 16 to mount the mule drive. The mule drive will go underneath the front, kind of under the front grille and in front of the front axle. There are two pins that stick out from the frame and two slots that the mule drive will mount to. Make sure you loop the belt for the mower over the pto pulley on the front of the tractor before you mount the mule drive.

#11 thgilder OFFLINE  

thgilder

• 0 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:41 PM

It needs to be there for the snow blower to work. The belt comes down from the PTO pulley then goes through something that looks like the mule drive, which is mounted on the blower then up around the pulley located on that front piece. The only reason I didn't take it off when I removed the blower, is because I thought it was welded to the tractors frame.

I think I will look at it tonight and see if I can take it off.

Sorry about your Allergies olcowhand. No rush for the manual, the tractors not moving anywhere. I think you read my other post but if you didn't I slammed the tractor into my garage and broke one of the steering ball joints. I’m basically just trying to figure this out until I can get the steering fixed.

#12 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,637 Thanks
  • 29,838 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 07:53 PM

Got the allergies still, but going to a plow day tomorrow anyway. Hope I don't have a bad allergy attack while I'm there. All my free time has went to prepare for plowing, so haven't scanned pages yet, please be patient with me.
As to allergies, I never was allergic to pollen & such till a year or 2 ago. Why after 49 years does one have to start being allergic to stuff!:wallbanging:

#13 NB axemen OFFLINE  

NB axemen

• Member No: 379
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 12, 2010 - 09:35 PM

that piece is for the blower, once you remove the belt or loosen it, there should be 2 long pins that is behind that front pulley, just pull them out and that piece should stay attached! Does on mine anyways, but is does look like you have weight bar in the front too, which I don't have!
Good luck, they are a lot of fun!!