Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

My Kubota was mean today caused me lots of emotions.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1549 Thanks
  • 1613 posts

Posted March 29, 2018 - 06:33 PM

Was heading out into the bush today with the kubota to clean up some brush and I didn't get very far. The dogs always come with me and today they were all excited when we were heading out. When I got to where I was going I looked and saw the both of them on the right side of the tractor smelling a fence post . I was making a left turn to get into the bush when out of no where the older one for some reason I just saw her out of the corner of my eye and she hits the bucket on the left side of the tractor.Of course it all happens so fast. Anyway she's yelping like crazy. i jump out of the cab and go and console and check her over once she settled down. I didn't see anything at first but when I checked really close I saw the hole/gash in her side. Of course then it was get home call the vet and rush her in.I felt awful and still feel terrible. Anyway they did have to sedate her and stitch her up. She didn't need this at 10 yrs old and having problems with her back too. So feeling really down with this accident happening to her. There always with me so I'am always watching out for them,just was a fluke thing today.You can see where her hair is stil on the bucket's cutting edge. Thank goodness she didn't get hit by the teeth on the bucket.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1092.JPG
  • IMG_1097.JPG
  • IMG_1096.JPG

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 44107 Thanks
  • 32302 posts

Posted March 29, 2018 - 06:36 PM

Glad she wasn't hurt worse Larry.  She'll heal fine I'm sure.

• massey driver, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 6798 Thanks
  • 3799 posts

Posted March 29, 2018 - 07:29 PM

She must have hooked her hide good. Glad she's not hurt worse & hope your feeling better too. Not a good day for sure.
  • massey driver, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#4 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 18899 Thanks
  • 11850 posts

Posted March 29, 2018 - 08:45 PM

You feeling okay now? It's not good to spend too much time in your quiet place.

• massey driver said thank you

#5 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1549 Thanks
  • 1613 posts

Posted March 29, 2018 - 09:09 PM

Yeah I'm OK thanks. Took me a little while to settle down and get back into my routine. Once I figured out how it happened I quit beating myself up. I still don't know why she changed sides and came up from behind me and tried to sneak in between the tractor and the bush as I was turning left. The stupid part is that before I started turning the dogs were in front of me on the right side. The small edge of the cutting edge  sticking out from the side of the bucket is what caught her as she went flying by me. Just a fluke thing that happened. Now that she's home and things have settled down ,things are good. Going to be 10 days of medication rest etc: for her but it's good I can deal with that.

• olcowhand, KennyP, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#6 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 52633 Thanks
  • 53129 posts

Posted March 30, 2018 - 04:29 AM

Glad she's going to be okay! You too. I'd take a grinder to that corner, get rid of any sharp edge. Bet she stays farther away from the tractor now.

#7 Trav1s OFFLINE  

Trav1s

My projects take longer so I enjoy them more...

• Member No: 5472
  • 4096 Thanks
  • 4921 posts

Posted March 30, 2018 - 07:15 AM

That's the worst... I so love the 4 legged friends in my life and would feel awful if something like that happened.  It is good to hear that she is on the mend.  

• massey driver and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#8 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 6597 Thanks
  • 2325 posts

Posted March 30, 2018 - 03:13 PM

Yeah I'm OK thanks. Took me a little while to settle down and get back into my routine. Once I figured out how it happened I quit beating myself up. I still don't know why she changed sides and came up from behind me and tried to sneak in between the tractor and the bush as I was turning left. The stupid part is that before I started turning the dogs were in front of me on the right side. The small edge of the cutting edge  sticking out from the side of the bucket is what caught her as she went flying by me. Just a fluke thing that happened. Now that she's home and things have settled down ,things are good. Going to be 10 days of medication rest etc: for her but it's good I can deal with that.

I feel for you. Things do happen quickly and unavoidable at times.

My next door neighbor had a dog that loved to lay under their truck to get shade and out of the heat.
He forgot she was under there so you can guess the rest. Not fun seeing a grown man cry!

#9 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 1067 Thanks
  • 779 posts

Posted March 30, 2018 - 05:17 PM

Glad to hear she will be ok. I've had several days like you've had. 

#10 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1549 Thanks
  • 1613 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 11:51 AM

Almost 3 weeks now and things look nasty but slowly healing. The stitching up of the wound didn't turn out like I had hoped.Took her in last week[thrus] had stitches removed and bunch of dead tissue cut away.Today finally the big chunk came loose and with a little help I finally got it opened up and now it can start to heal. Have to wash and clean the wound everyday but thats not a problem. Guess it wasn't just a cut had lots of bruising and trama to the area so lots of the skin / hide had died. Hope the pic isn't to hard to look at. I feel better now that all the dead tissue is finally gone and the healing process can now get underway.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1121.JPG

• KennyP, Cvans and Leonard VanCamp have said thanks

#11 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 9548 Thanks
  • 7291 posts

Posted April 17, 2018 - 03:06 PM

The injury looks healthy now and she should be healed up in no time. Looks like your taking good care of her. 

• massey driver and KennyP have said thanks

#12 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 16501 Thanks
  • 9061 posts

Posted April 22, 2018 - 08:18 PM

Aw. Poor pup. Treat her nice for a few days.