• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 1155 Thanks
  • 1086 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 12:03 PM

Thanks everyone for the help and tips . Now just to find some MMO in Canada. Yes this was on Facebook. And the tractor was on kijiji
  • mac102004, boyscout862 and propane1 have said thanks

#17 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 5497 Thanks
  • 5633 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 07:27 PM

Super deal Paul, sounds like that ones a keeper.

• limebuzz and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• 1155 Thanks
  • 1086 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 07:36 PM

Yup. I've been kicking myself every time I sell a 12 . This is my 5th now. I do prefer a hydro, but this one is one nice looking tractor.
  • KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#19 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• 1155 Thanks
  • 1086 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 07:47 PM

Before considering a ring job, adjust the carb and be sure it isn't sucking oil through the crankcase vent. Then try the Marvel Mystery Oil(MMO) treatment. Pour an ounce of MMO in through the spark plug hole with the cylinder at TDC. Let it soak for a few days to a week. Then start it(if you don't wait long enough the MMO will wet and short the spark plug). It will smoke like crazy for a short while. Then add MMO to your gas and use the tractor. The MMO slowly dissolves carbon deposites.I have used this method since 50 years ago when my grandfather taught me. It has saved dozens of engines(including cars) for me. With time the MMO in the gas will clean the cylinder, chamber, valves, and piston rings. The freed up rings then reseal and the smoking stops. I found that many dead engines(that I couldn't treat) had the rings carboned up and stuck in the piston groves. This allowed blowby and oil leakby. Try the MMO. Good Luck, Rick

Thanks, I think I found some at Costco. Will be sending the better half on Saturday to get me a case of MMO.
  • KennyP, MFDAC and boyscout862 have said thanks

#20 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 3708 Thanks
  • 1771 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 07:59 PM

I hope Rick's method works for you Paul! I hated that the HH120 wasn't rebuildable in my '75. Well it probably would have been if overbore pistons were available back then. I still haven't had the heart to scrap the rest of it after you and Marty got some pieces from it. Keep us posted on this project!

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, March 28, 2018 - 07:59 PM.

• limebuzz and boyscout862 have said thanks

#21 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• 1155 Thanks
  • 1086 posts

Posted March 28, 2018 - 09:30 PM

I'm still not stuck on these tec engines. This one is another hard starter . Slow cranker. But yes, I sure hope that the MMO works for this engine .
  • KennyP, MFDAC and boyscout862 have said thanks