• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bartman19b OFFLINE  

bartman19b

• Member No: 4659
  • 0 Thanks
  • 8 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 04:23 AM

I have 3 JD 140 units that are in need of repair. I am looking for the Service Manual, anyone have any leads?

I also have a john deere 70 that needs a few engine repairs. Would anyone happen to have a manual for it?

Edited by MH81, July 07, 2011 - 06:47 AM.
Post padding?

#2 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,237 Thanks
  • 28,598 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 06:59 AM

Welcome to GTTalk. Hopefully someone can help you out on these issues. We may have one or both in the the manuals section.

On a related note, I combined some of your posts this morning, it seemed as if you may have been posting to get your count up.
Usually this is done by some newer members to allow them to download more manuals.
While we encourage participation, duplicate threads and/or posts to get your count up is not.

Please enjoy GTTalk, and if you need help, you will find this group to be very friendly, especially if they find you to be a willing participant.

Thank you.

Edited by MH81, July 07, 2011 - 07:04 AM.

#3 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 08:39 AM

Welcome and check the manuals section. There is a CTSM document for the 140 but I don't think there is a full service manual. The manuals are available for purchase from Deere and they are difficult to find otherwise.

#4 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 11:33 AM

You can order manuals from a JD dealer or from JD Tech Pubs online. But, they're not cheap. Ebay is a good source also. Until someone scans their manual and puts it here, there isn't no place for free down loadable manuals online. JD is very protective of their publications and will seek prosecution for anyone selling boot leg copies of their literature.

BTW, check also here: John Deere Service Manuals replament for John Deere Tractors