Vote for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

- - - - -

OMG,im on my way with cash

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#31 ncb OFFLINE  

• Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 12:03 AM

thanks a lot sam, i will have to modify another deck to fit so any info is appreciated .last place that handled stiga in canada was outside of toronto and they are closing end of july. I cant imagine ordering any parts from sweden , Im glad motor and trans are american so i can easily repair . as far as body and frame i'll just have to be carefull and not get smoked by a dump truck . previous owner were supposed to have a lawn and garden service shop but from what i have seen of their work i wouldnt let them service my squeegee . Im guessing they were putting in a new engine and hooking up the wiring nice and neat all tucked inside an insulated rubber tube and zip tied nicely to frame ,nearly looked factory,but absolutely nothing worked but the charging system,all safety lockouts toast and no continuity in starter wire, 20 minutes after shaking my head the whole ganglia was out in my hand and i will redo it from scratch , old school solder and shrink wrap, no crimp crap .

Edited by rexknightly, July 14, 2011 - 12:55 AM.

#32 MH81 OFFLINE  

God Bless Those Who Served

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 26,669 Thanks
  • 28,318 posts

Posted July 14, 2011 - 06:05 AM

If the place is going out of business, they may be willing to sell you their old manuals for it. Most shops would have a service binder, at least a parts binder.

It's at least worth a try. Gotta do it before they're gone tho.