Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

OMG,im on my way with cash

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#16 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• Member No: 255
  • 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 08, 2011 - 11:50 AM

Hi, i checked today and i do still have the workshop manual inc parts list, these are for the 16&18 HST pro park, i had this probably 10 years ago so if your model is the same age and type (there are a lot of models) this manual should do. I also have tech spec sheets which include info on the Stiga Senator, President, Royal, Pro 16, 18 and 20. If you think any of this is of use to you i can fire it onto a PDF some point this weekend.
Incidently, i know you were making jokes about the holes in that deck but if you found it under the manure its just to let you know its not from a Stiga so you need to keep digging...

#17 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 08, 2011 - 01:51 PM

Thanks sam,dont waist any effort till i drag it home and identify exactly what i have. motor cover just says stiga park and i believe the motor was 12 horse briggs so it may be different , I have scanned stuff before and it can be a time consuming pain in butt . have talked to 2 of my neighbors about borrowing a trailer but they are light utility and would take me 3 trips at 40 minutes each way . 1 more neighbor with 18 foot flatdeck i can haul in 1 load but he,s been away . should have it all home by sat nite , mid sunday at the latest . ill send a personal message to your box or on this thread if it looks like its compatible. thanks again and by the way, that deck was off my mf 14 .havnt located stiga deck yet, dont know if they even got one with the tractor.looks like they may have bought it off neighbor for their kids to beat on and trash.

#18 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 08, 2011 - 03:46 PM

Ok no worries, both the Senator and the President have 12.5 horse briggs, so that narrows it down a bit, although depending on age it may be a newer model, will find out when you get it home, good luck.

#19 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 03:39 AM

got the new crop of lt/gt's home today . ran them all through the carwash before coming home . i hate working on 1/2 inch thick grease .and heres how they look , first the junk , the new crop 005.jpg this one was destined to be stripped without a second thought , big box store lt crap , but not that motor , original was 8 hp . this one is 15.5 kohler I/C with a spin on filter . rotates freely & feels good , tomorrow ill drain the oil and pop the float bowl off . fire it up and see what i have , looks good so far . the deck did not look holed through but i havnt checked real close yet , stiga did not come with a cutting deck unfortunately so this deck may soon be yellow and modified for front mount . diff and trans seem fine . tires hold air , rims not bent . scrap the rest . that was the worst of the three . next ones the beater
the new crop 002.jpg . the subaru robin 6.0 is pooched . Big smiles here so far. Its miller time .

Attached Thumbnails

• the new crop 004.jpg
  • the new crop 003.jpg
  • the new crop 006.jpg
  • the new crop 001.jpg
  • the new crop 007.jpg

Edited by rexknightly, July 11, 2011 - 12:40 AM.

#20 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 04:25 AM

that GT with the high/low range rearend sure looks like a Roper to me. same thing as a Sears suburban essentially. darn good tractor.

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 05:12 AM

Nice score. On the front wheels of the Stiga are some metal pieces. Would those be deck hangers?

#22 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,334 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 08:00 AM

On the Sears/Roper... At the bottom of the shifter plate (which looks pretty intact) you should find a stamping of model serial if it Sears, Roper, IDK where they put it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was there too.

That Stiga is an interesting piece. You'll have fun playing with that one.

#23 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,703 Thanks
  • 17,209 posts

Posted July 10, 2011 - 08:28 AM

Nice score. On the front wheels of the Stiga are some metal pieces. Would those be deck hangers?

Thats exactly what those brackets are for. I'm quite certain they tried to copy the Bolens EK. Those brackets are nearly identical to the Bolens ones

#24 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 11, 2011 - 12:22 AM

On the Sears/Roper... At the bottom of the shifter plate (which looks pretty intact) you should find a stamping of model serial if it Sears, Roper, IDK where they put it, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was there too.

That Stiga is an interesting piece. You'll have fun playing with that one.

the stiga cleaned up real nice and runs fantastic ,super quiet with that giant muffler . steering will take some getting used to ,almost flopped it on its side the first time i cornered too fast,has an effect like a jacknifing semi,turn a little and it wants to steer the rest of the way to full lock . havnt found id s/n plate on the roper yet . the dash is cast metal,nice and sturdy,wish the MF14 was like that .
the new crop 010.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• the new crop 008.jpg
  • the new crop 012.jpg
  • the new crop 009.jpg

#25 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted July 11, 2011 - 02:21 AM

if you were interested you could sell that roper dash for big money most likely. alot of Sears guys with busted dashes would like to have it, me included.

#26 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted July 11, 2011 - 09:02 AM

That Stiga is cool! How bout some video?????

#27 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 11, 2011 - 11:39 PM

That Stiga is cool! How bout some video?????

I will work on getting some video , my kodak 7.2 mp will take basic video with sound .bigger trick will be me figuring out how to link it to this thread .

#28 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 12, 2011 - 01:06 AM

Ok no worries, both the Senator and the President have 12.5 horse briggs, so that narrows it down a bit, although depending on age it may be a newer model, will find out when you get it home, good luck.

found the decal , stiga park 12 1995

#29 Sam OFFLINE  

Sam

• 71 Thanks
  • 174 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 05:19 PM

For the park 12 i have a parts list/schematic drawings for the manual lifting device, the PTO system and the PTO-brake, yours if you want them. I know you dont have a deck but im sure you can think of something to mount on the front.
As you noticed, the steering will take a bit of getting used to as once you get past a certain angle the machine wants to pull you into full lock but really you will get used to it in no time, just be firm with it, what i liked most about front mounted mowers was you could poke the deck underneath trees and shrubs without getting your face scratched off..anyway that was a good deal you got there, congrats.
Incidently my one died of catastrophic engine failure, "someone" didnt check the oil........

#30 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 13, 2011 - 11:25 PM

that GT with the high/low range rearend sure looks like a Roper to me. same thing as a Sears suburban essentially. darn good tractor.

I think your right on that one , all the sears pics i have seen have the round fenders and this one has square . cant find a plate or decal on it anywhere to confirm. not enough original left to bother restoring so i will fix all mechanical deficiancies and drop a basic hood and grill on it and that will have to do,Maybe a model A hood and grill , picture that .

Edited by rexknightly, July 14, 2011 - 12:05 AM.