Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Opinions on how to Market a couple of Massy/Snappers.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • Member No: 25875
  • 2149 Thanks
  • 2111 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 07:20 AM

Preparing to sell a couple of Snappers, one painted Massy.  The Massey painted is new with 3 point and recently rebuilt rear hydraulic. It's in really good shape.  Second tractor is a Snapper parts tractor to me. Both are 1650s.  Parts tractor was running around 3 or 4 years ago and has been out of the weather.  It is lacking a battery but have a trade in battery. Three tires have issues but have a set of rear Carlises (Turfs) ready to put on.  Needed a needle valve and carb clean when running.   It would take between $100 to $150 to get it going I believe.  It has 540 PTO but was not working (easy fix I was told).  Also, have a rare Scoop Tote attachment for the 3 point.  Have Craftsman Haban snowblower modified to fit. Have section of drag harrow and homemade drag to level a drive.  Now the questions, Best to sell as a set? Don't want to sit on very long.  If not, how best to sell? I haven't the time to bring the parts tractor back.  Thanks, Reg

• limebuzz said thank you

#2 mac102004 OFFLINE  

mac102004

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1420
  • 596 Thanks
  • 610 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 01:09 PM

I would sell it as a package, seems to be the folks around here that are interested in buying the working tractor would like the parts tractor as well, and as it is the parts tractor isn’t worth a whole lot. Definitely get the good machine up and running first or you’ll loose a lot on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • gtcsreg said thank you

#3 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 2149 Thanks
  • 2111 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 07:00 PM

Thanks, the good one is already in real good mechanical shape and running well.  It had not been "rode hard and put away wet" as many of them had been.  Only considering selling because I may be moving out of state and not sure I want to move it.

#4 limebuzz OFFLINE  

limebuzz

• Member No: 795
  • 1155 Thanks
  • 1083 posts

Posted March 20, 2018 - 08:02 PM

You should post some pics to help sweeten the pot.

#5 gtcsreg OFFLINE  

gtcsreg
  • 2149 Thanks
  • 2111 posts

Posted March 21, 2018 - 12:05 AM

Too busy this week, this was just a probing question.  Plan on sorting stuff out next week.  The running tractor is the one in my profile photo. Thanks. Reg