11 replies to this topic

#1 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

Has anybody seen my coffee ?

• Member No: 325
  • 2,643 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 10:17 AM

We have came up with firm dates for this years show. We are just going to do one this year instead of the two that we had debated on. The show and get together will be September 1st,the first Saturday of the month with a rain date of September 8th,the second Saturday of the month.you can come and set up as early as 6 AM and we will run into the evening until everyone leaves. The location is the park at Mellott Indiana 47958. Right on the corner of Main st. ( hiway 341 ) and New st. It will be a get together for any and all outdoor power,not just garden tractors so bring your hit and miss engines or antique vintage mowers or what have you.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_20180312-105706.jpg

• hamman, CRFarnsworth, Danny McCloskey and 1 other said thanks

#2 Jonas Monnett OFFLINE  

Jonas Monnett
  • Member No: 56667
  • 129 Thanks
  • 87 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 10:57 AM

Got A Flyer Made Up Yet For It??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • rustyoldjunk said thank you

#3 dropped82 OFFLINE  

dropped82

Nut Case

• Member No: 9923
  • 2,677 Thanks
  • 1,881 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 11:08 AM

I'll drag a few out there.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
  • rustyoldjunk, dodge trucker and Jonas Monnett have said thanks

#4 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,643 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 02:29 PM

Got A Flyer Made Up Yet For It??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No and honestly I'm in no hurry to. Most advertising will be on appropriate internet sites and word of mouth.
This year is a restart year and get everything squared away after a couple year hiatus and other changes. A test and tune if you will.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, March 12, 2018 - 02:30 PM.

• dropped82 and dodge trucker have said thanks

#5 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,692 Thanks
  • 3,347 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 04:53 PM

do you plan on a swap meet area?  

any food vendors going to be on site? If not what's around near by? 

• dropped82 said thank you

#6 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,643 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:16 PM

do you plan on a swap meet area?  
any food vendors going to be on site? If not what's around near by?

We hope to have at least one vendor or stand because it's about 4 miles to the nearest conscience store and about 8 to a little bigger town with restaurants and gas stations.
  • dodge trucker said thank you

#7 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,692 Thanks
  • 3,347 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 05:29 PM

good info   I had to ask about the swap meet idea, cuz I went to a 1 day GT meet-up with a pickup load of "junk" and got mixed reviews... the 2 guys running the show definitely seemed like I caught them by surprise in doing so, and I got the feeling that they didn't care for my spur of the moment idea..... I had been to an auction (cant remember which) either the day before or the weekend before, and I had picked thru what I wanted and wanted to lighten my load a bit.....  lots of various new parts -- air filters and other small pieces,   and some small engine related manuals.

• rustyoldjunk said thank you

#8 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,643 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 08:17 PM

It's a show swap meet and get together. So there will be a swap meet area. Sorry I missed answering that in my first reply. A swap meet has been part of it from the start.
  • KennyP and dodge trucker have said thanks

#9 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • 2,692 Thanks
  • 3,347 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 09:08 PM

ok cool-- and thanks for the answer-- what ever it may have been--or not been. better to know ahead of time what is/isn't "good"... 

I wasn't gonna say this, as originally I was good with the internet forum and word of mouth thing that you had mentioned, but I'm sure other questions about this get together will surface, can't think of them all.... though I was a part of an annual car show for the better part of 20 years, and something unforeseen comes up every year that never came up in years past.... even if you only distribute it online in these forums, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to create "some kind of" flyer.....

#10 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,643 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 12, 2018 - 09:39 PM

We will but at this point we aren't pushing for a high turnout. Several people have asked what happened to our show and if we are going to get it back up and going. This is basically a test and tune to see what we get. It's a small grounds this time around and very low budget because at this point while I say "we" it is basically just me this time around. The others that were associated with the show before have chosen not to mess with it this time.
I plan to do some local advertising starting a couple if months prior to the show so that locals where aren't necessarily into the hobby or "the loop" but still might be interested in stopping by can do so.
While I know it's sort of taboo to bring it up here or has been in the past, there is a Facebook page for the show.
I also take care of some fairly big garden tractor groups on Facebook and the show is well documented there.
I do plan to announce in a few other forums also.

Edited by rustyoldjunk, March 12, 2018 - 09:42 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#11 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 40,172 Thanks
  • 46,778 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 06:08 AM

We will but at this point we aren't pushing for a high turnout. Several people have asked what happened to our show and if we are going to get it back up and going. This is basically a test and tune to see what we get. It's a small grounds this time around and very low budget because at this point while I say "we" it is basically just me this time around. The others that were associated with the show before have chosen not to mess with it this time.
I plan to do some local advertising starting a couple if months prior to the show so that locals where aren't necessarily into the hobby or "the loop" but still might be interested in stopping by can do so.
While I know it's sort of taboo to bring it up here or has been in the past, there is a Facebook page for the show.
I also take care of some fairly big garden tractor groups on Facebook and the show is well documented there.
I do plan to announce in a few other forums also.

You can put a link to the Facebook page, but also put the info here for those of us that don't have an account there! I just hate when folks want you to log in there to see their stuff as I will not have an account there!

• rustyoldjunk and dodge trucker have said thanks

#12 rustyoldjunk OFFLINE  

rustyoldjunk

• 2,643 Thanks
  • 1,318 posts

Posted March 13, 2018 - 08:13 AM

You can put a link to the Facebook page, but also put the info here for those of us that don't have an account there! I just hate when folks want you to log in there to see their stuff as I will not have an account there!

I understand Kenny. That's why I put complete info up until this time in this thread. We have as much info here as is on FB.
  • KennyP and dodge trucker have said thanks