• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 15,291 Thanks
  • 18,235 posts

Posted March 10, 2018 - 11:23 AM

Got word at the end of last year that these coils were going to be NLA again, I was able to acquire the remaining inventory from the manufacture that made them so do have a limited supply of these coils if needed, to remake them its going to be $15,000 just for the molds so I highly doubt with the limited demand these will ever be brought back sadly.

I have them listed on the website for anyone interested

https://bolenspartsa...products.search

These fit many Bolens applications, Wheel Horse, Cub Cadets and many older snowmobiles that used the Kohler engines

DSCN6222.JPG

• EricFromPa, KennyP, boyscout862 and 3 others have said thanks

#2 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,238 Thanks
  • 1,600 posts

Posted March 10, 2018 - 05:27 PM

is there any write ups on converting these to the newer style? can you swap bearing plate. I heard mixed reviews on these aftermarket ones that they don't last to long. I have a k160 that i know coil is shot
  • HANKG said thank you

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 15,291 Thanks
  • 18,235 posts

Posted March 11, 2018 - 07:48 AM

These coils are very well made , all mine on my machines are still running strong .

If worst comes to worst you can try and find a newer style bearing plate for a modern coil but that would require a bit of work and believe you will need a different flywheel as the magnets were on a rotor with this design and the flywheels were blanks .