• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 oldcpecdr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4458
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 07:26 PM

Hi all

New member here and have a Bolens 1600H which is turning out to be in really nice shape after a bit of tinkering.

It came with a 38 inch Snow Blower (Snow Caster in Bolens speak) that appears to be in good shape...bearings and all mechanical parts are good. One thing that is missing is a remote crank to turn the snow throwing chute, only an inch or so of stub exiting the top of the Blower, it turns well and the gears are fine...any thoughts about fabricating a 12volt motor to this and having a power operated chute ? I have some ideas but thought I would ask before reinventing the wheel.

Great Forum...... Mike B

#2 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 08:58 PM

Yes I have two blowers on two tractors each has a power chute turner,each different.The one blower has a small electric winch turning the chute and a power car window motor that changes the deflector chute.Ane the other blower so far only has a car power window motor for the chute turner.Larry

Attached Thumbnails

• snapper snow blower 3 017 (Small).jpg
  • snapper snow blower 3 016 (Small).jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg

• Bruce Dorsi and oldcpecdr have said thanks

#3 oldcpecdr OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4458
  • 1 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 06, 2011 - 06:57 AM

Thanks for the pics.... I did an internet search after I posted (always do things backwards) It's amazing how many people have done this and posted up. I'll post some pics of my solution.... lots of good ideas from the search....

Mike B

#4 JDBrian OFFLINE  

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted July 07, 2011 - 10:14 AM

Mike. I have thought of doing one on my Ariens walk behind. It has 12volt battery start. I thought you might be able to use a 12volt cordless drill on low range to turn the chute. I have an old 12v drill with a dead battery. I never get around to doing it.