Can someone help me identify my Gilson? I think its a Gilson

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CGrindstaff OFFLINE  

• Member No: 4633
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 05:43 PM

I have this cute little yard tractor. It has been painted green & yellow over original orange paint with white striping. Was that way when I acquired it. We did get it running and it runs pretty good all things considered. It needs some more work and possible a rear end, bearings, starter, voltage regulator maybe and I really don't know what else. I just love this little thing. It is belt driven and has a flap on the exhaust pipe. Could not believe it when that wonderful man of mine got it started! Has been sadly neglected but we plan to restore it to original. However first we need to know exactly what it is. Couldn't find anything anywhere on it that would indicate the make, model or year. We did finally find a tag on the front of the motor that is as follows: MODEL #AS; SERIAL #A07086; SPEC #46227A. Then on the side of the motor we found a metal tag that is as follows: KOHLER CAST IRON LINE. Anderson, IN. The starter has the following stamped on it: DELCO-REMY 11019704J9 12 Volt. It seems to have had foot rests and possibly fenders over the rear tires added to it and it appears to at one time had a tool box or something under the seat when it folded forward but has been welded shut in process of either adding or attempting to repair existing fenders. I would greatly appreciate any info anybody may have regarding my little tractor. I am uploading a couple of pictures of my tractor. It is currently in rough shape but in the process of being repaired and hopefully restored. Thanks in advance for any info you may have.Antique Yard Tractor-Gilson 005.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Antique Yard Tractor-Gilson 003.jpg

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,445 Thanks
  • 17,086 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 07:35 PM

Welcome to the Forum!
There are many knowledgeable guys here that should be able to answer your questions

#3 caseguy OFFLINE  

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted July 05, 2011 - 07:42 PM

:wave: CGrindstaff Welcome to GTTalk! Glad to have you with us! Sorry I can't help with the ID, but I'm sure someone will be along soon. In the meantime, enjoy the forum!