LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 14,332 Thanks
  • 10,293 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 01:13 PM

UPDATE

Felt it would be best to buy my John Deere E160 today after the snow storm ended on the East Coast.

Do you expect a spring sale coming on them?

#32 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • Member No: 83859
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 01:34 PM

Spring sale would have been nice.................

#33 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 426 Thanks
  • 280 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 01:39 PM

UPDATE
Felt it would be best to buy my John Deere E160 today after the snow storm ended on the East Coast.
Had 20 Homedepot gift cards and cost me less then $400 (kinda sucks that Homedepot charges $79 for delivery}
Anyways a John Deere Tech has to go to the Homedepot store to setup the tractor,never knew they sent John Deere techs over for setups?I know these are made in Tenn and since my last John Deere was a Sabre that was 15 years old and felt this is a 3rd generation tractor (L Series and D Series}How much worst can the E series be...........JT

"White glove delivery within 7-14 days by a local John Deere dealer, at delivery the customer will be taught how-to operate and maintain the mower"

Shouldn't cost anything for delivering. Or that's how I read it anyway.

#34 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 08, 2018 - 09:00 PM

Seems that if you order a John Deere online from Homedepot you get delivery Free and

the white glove also.

If you buy it in the store then John Deere goes to the Homedepot and sets it up and

Homedepot will deliver it with their large homedepot truck for $79 extra(whatever happened to free delivery?}

Only reason I bought it at the store is that I had 20 plus Homedepot gift cards and you can only use 10 Homedepot gift

cards online....Sucks but that's the way it is lol.......JT

• Sawdust said thank you

#35 jimbobbillyray OFFLINE  

jimbobbillyray
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 3,213 Thanks
  • 2,951 posts

Posted March 09, 2018 - 07:16 AM

Mighty fine! You ought to be able to fenaggle some sort of no money spent for delivery delivey deal with h d.....you did spend a bunch of money with them after all.

#36 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted March 09, 2018 - 11:38 AM

I would agree with you but other Homedepots in my area also wants $79 for delivery.

Its a NO win I guess............JT

#37 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 11, 2018 - 07:33 PM

Just got my E160 from Homedepot today.

Seems like a much much much better lawn tractor then the Sabre that I had

from 2002.

Homedepot has a sale on these with a $200 Homedepot Gift Card till  April 18 2018.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1388.JPG
  • IMG_1389.JPG
  • IMG_1393.JPG

• sharkman and Sawdust have said thanks

#38 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Anything Red . . .

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 14,332 Thanks
  • 10,293 posts

Posted April 12, 2018 - 06:30 AM

Nice! Do these have the GPS guidance system?

#39 Ravens23 OFFLINE  

Ravens23
  • Member No: 89941
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 12, 2018 - 11:57 AM

I pretty much had the same experience as the original poster. I did my research and decided that the E-160 was the tractor for me. The E-160 was several hundred dollars cheaper at Home Depot than my local John Deere store plus the JD Dealer said there would be a delivery charge. Home Depot only has the E-160 and Lowes only has the E-170.

I purchased the E-160 from HD and got the $200 rebate as well.  I tried to order off the Internet so I could get the "white glove service". I was not able to do that online and I even went to the local HD store and they could not order for me via online to get the white glove service which included free delivery. So, I had to order from the store. Of course, since I had to order in-store the delivery is $79 and they do not provide a "white glove service".  In fact, the HD employees told me they never heard of "white glove service".

I think the "white glove service" is a bit of a bait-and-switch. I don't know anyone who was actually able to take advantage of it.

• Alc said thank you

#40 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted April 12, 2018 - 08:27 PM

I think the White glove service is when you order it online and it comes from a John Deere dealer and not homedepot.

The sales person asked me if I wanted white glove and I had to say NO and still paid $79 delivery.

But before they deliver any of the John Deeres they have to get a John Deere Tech to come in to inspect them.

I also would have bought mine online and saved the $79 but it would not let me since I had about 20 Homedepot gift cards($2100}

and online they only take 10 at a time and left me having to buy it from Homedepot local to use all the cards............JT

#41 Ravens23 OFFLINE  

Ravens23
  • Member No: 89941
  • 1 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted April 13, 2018 - 08:48 AM

Since this was my first John Deere, I actually wanted the white glove service - for no other reason than the "free" shipping. I was not allowed to order it online. I assume because there were several local Home Depots with the tractor in stock.

Seems to be an issue with Home Depot stores vs. Home Depot online because no one in the stores could figure out why I was prevented from ordering online and had never heard of white glove service. They even tried to order online for me and it would not allow them.

#42 johnnytuinals OFFLINE  

johnnytuinals
  • 8 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted May 12, 2018 - 10:06 PM

Updated

I had to charge my battery when I got it since it didnot turn over(but the lights were bright}

After a month after getting the lawn tractor I was going to use it for the first time.(Was Cold on the east coast,Poconos}

Was very hard to start(Thought that another recharge of the battery was due?}But it did turn over after a few trys.

Just wondering if anyone had the same problem and cannot see why we should have to recharge a battery

if these are New units that Homedepot just got in?I am sure if I bought it at a JohnDeere dealer I am sure that they would have charged the battery before delivery.......JT

#43 Leonard VanCamp ONLINE  

Leonard VanCamp
  • Member No: 62684
  • 681 Thanks
  • 482 posts

Posted May 12, 2018 - 10:18 PM

Your in the Poconos, something about that area affects small engines, lol. Sounds like you might have a electrical bug or two. I'd check to see if the battery is charging while the tractor is running. Then check the electrical connections for tightness, could be something as simple as a loose wire on the starter solenoid.

#44 4getgto ONLINE  

4getgto
  • Member No: 85766
  • 426 Thanks
  • 280 posts

Posted May 13, 2018 - 05:07 AM

The "new" batteries they put in these I'm sure could be a year or two old by the time tractor is sold. I see they're a 300cca so they are a decent size battery. Not unheard of for a 1-2 year old battery to be bad.

#45 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 7,357 Thanks
  • 7,638 posts

Posted May 13, 2018 - 05:12 AM

Since it's new you could pull the battery and take it to a parts store like Advance or Autozone they can test it for you If it's bad HD or JD should make good 

• Leonard VanCamp and 4getgto have said thanks