Nominations for Tractor of the Month
Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Vote Now! - Members featured tractor for the month of May 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote Now for Tractor of the Month for May 2010 (27 member(s) have cast votes)

Vote Now for Tractor of the Month for May 2010

1. Massey 1650 "2055" - olcowhand (15 votes [53.57%])

Percentage of vote: 53.57%

2. Voted 1974 Massey MF8 Hydro - Hooligan (3 votes [10.71%])

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

3. 1984 Allis Chalmers 920 - Pulltilbroke (7 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

4. 1967 Massey MF12 Hydro - DH1 (2 votes [7.14%])

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

5. 1973 Massey MF8 Hydro - NUTNDUN (1 votes [3.57%])

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

Vote

#1 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 09:37 AM

I will start it off with my nomination:

1973 Massey Ferguson MF8 Hydro
I happened to get lucky with this one. The guy I got it from had it listed on Craigslist as riding mower for sale. He had an ad that was listed previously that had Massey riding mower for sale. I emailed the guy and low and behold it was the MF8 Hydro. The story behind it is it was his dad's and he owned it from new. One year the original motor blew up and they took it to the dealer to have the motor replaced. In the meantime his father bought another riding mower and once the Massey had a brand new oem replacement motor in it the father stored it in the shed because he liked mowing with his new riding mower better. Well the shed is where it stayed for about 20 years and when the father passed away the son, who I purchased it off of wanted it out of his shed and wanted money towards his daughter's tuition. He was asking $250 for it and I offered $150 and he took it. I haven't done anything with it other then mow, it is in great original condition.

1.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 2.jpg

#2 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 08:07 PM

This is my MF "2055"...a customized MF1650. Chopped & dropped frame to align a 20hp Onan for direct transmission drive. Power steering added, 26x12x12 rears, MF14 hood, dash, & grill. I use this for tilling, 3pt blade work, and pulling trailer. The loader frame is off it now, and a couple other small changes, but basically the same. Custom aluminum fuel tank.
X-mas063..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• X-mas062..jpg

#3 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 02, 2010 - 11:29 PM

Okay, I'll throw in my 1974 MF-8 Hydro, with a story.
I'm driving through Sperry Oklahoma, pop. 625, when I see this little MF-8 in the front yard with a cardboard sign with $200 on it. I stop right in the middle of the road, get out, truck running, and go knock on the door. A "lady" about 60 answers the door with a tall Coors silver bullet can in one hand, a cigarette sporting a inch long ash in the other. I tell her I'm interested in the tractor and will she let me look it over.
She starts talking about the tractor and her deceased husband and I can barely understand her, because she isn't wearing her false teeth, pretty funny, but weird. I see it has what looks like a brand new Tecumseh 10 hp engine on it and she says, her husband put that on right before he died. I ask if the old one had worn out and she said, no I shot it. I didn't say anything, didn't have too, she recounted the story about a guy who loved this little tractor, and a woman who felt more than a little jealous when she got drunk. It still sports the two holes in the grille screen where she pumped two 9mm rounds into the little Tecumseh 8.
I've got the money, I'm willing to pay, but I decide to dicker just to hear her haggle with no teeth. It got REALLY funny then, but you couldn't stand too close, with spit flying, foul breath, body odor, and along with the stench of cigarette smoke, the old bat was toxic. We settled on 182.50, or 184.50, I forget. I had no way of getting the little tractor into my van, she had no ramps or boards, and was on disability (BIG SURPRISE).
Meanwhile this whole time my truck is still parked in the road, running, and I'm going door to door trying to find some boards or help, the whole damn neighborhood was either over 80 or on disability, or both, but I found a set of wrought iron porch posts, had to be 50 years old, solid decorative iron about 8 inches wide laying beside a neighbors house. I "borrowed" them and used them as ramps to load the little Massey in the truck, again while it was still in the middle of the street. I returned the ramps and went on my merry way.
I repainted the hood and fender pan, touched up the frame a little and painted the wheels, the tires and everything else was all original. I believe he put a new aftermarket cover on the seat pan, nice job. I left the pull rope he had on the Tecumseh 10, but turned it so you could reach the handle from the seat. I thought it would be a nice touch if you had a low or bad battery. I did a complete restore on the deck. I let my wife mow with it last year, but it's in "storage" from now on.DSCF0445..jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF0470..JPG
  • DSCF0444..JPG

#4 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • Member No: 50
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 03, 2010 - 02:06 AM

Lets put a little orange in the mix! I'll nominate my New 84 Allis Chalmers 920 Diesel

The story on my tractor goes like this. I was cruising around one of my diesel truck sites back in December and noticed a guy had an Allis Diesel Garden tractor listed in his signature, I knew right away exactly what he had and had been looking for one for about 2 years. So I throw the guy a PM and ask if he had ever kicked around the idea of maybe selling it. I was expecting him to say no as this was a fairly rare tractor and figured he knew what he had, well he replied back and said he hadn't thought about selling it but he might be in the market for a newer bigger machine so he shot me a price of 1000$ and with out hesitation I said I'd take it. After numerous emails we arranged a date and time to meet somwhere about half way for both of us keep in mind he was in Erie PA and I'm just outside Lincoln NE. So 3 months and 1500 miles after the first contact we met in Sellersburg IN for the exchange and I couldn't be happier. The tractor had been very well cared for and stored inside its whole life and the guy I got it from had owned it since 86. I was as happy as a fat kid with a Twinkie.

My plans as of now for it are to just clean it up real good and make it very presentable, and to till some gardens with it and for snow removal in the winter.

Attached Thumbnails

• 920AC 008..jpg
  • 920AC 004..jpg
  • 920AC 012..jpg

#5 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 09:42 PM

I nominate my 1967 Massey MF12Hydra, got this about 7yrs ago paid $100. for it as you see it now came with mower deck, factory wheel weights and a sleeve hitch. I use it in the summer as a backup lawn mower, to grade the driveway with a homemade box scraper, pulls a small trailer for yard clean ups and I have used the 22" rototiller MF650 on it as well. In the winter it's used to plow the driveway with a 4ft. homemade snow blade and tire chains. The wheel weights stay on all the time, I also have the MF620 snow blower, working on getting all the brackets needed to mount it. My tractor is not painted up nice and pretty but is a original working tractor (a survivor). Aside from recovering the seat and changing the muffler it is pretty much in the same shape as when I got it 7yrs ago.

Attached Thumbnails

• masseys 043..jpg
  • masseys 041..jpg

#6 NUTNDUN ONLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 05, 2010 - 04:30 AM

Voting for Tractor of the Month for the month of May has now officially started and will end the last day of April.

The winner will be featured on the front page for the entire month of May starting on the 1st of the month.

We will start new nominations at the same time as well so keep an eye out on this forum to know when to submit a nomination or vote.

Here is a list of the nominees in no special order:

• Massey 1650 "2055" - olcowhand
  • 1974 Massey MF8 Hydro - Hooligan
  • 1984 Allis Chalmers 920 - Pulltilbroke
  • 1967 Massey MF12 Hydro - DH1
  • 1973 Massey MF8 Hydro - NUTNDUN

Please remember that the winning tractor cannot be nominated again for a year. Thanks and good luck!

#7 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 05, 2010 - 01:10 PM

olcowhand got my vote, Man that thing is a beast!!

#8 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 04:26 AM

Looks like olcowhand might have this one in the bag. I love em all. Get your votes in before the end of the month :D

#9 pulltilbroke OFFLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 10:13 PM

I think we have a biased crowd:mecry::bigrofl:

#10 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 09, 2010 - 04:08 AM

It's alright we can always resubmit ours for next month LOL

#11 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 07:04 AM

It's a close race, ..... between 3rd and 4th place LOL. It is getting interesting now that more people are voting I think it will be a lot closer at the end between olcowhand's "2055" and pulltilbroke's 920. We will have to wait and see :D

#12 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 08:05 AM

Lots can change between now & then. Plus everyone loves a diesel....including me!

#13 pulltilbroke ONLINE  

pulltilbroke

MMMMmmmm DIESEL

• Contributor
  • 469 Thanks
  • 454 posts

Posted April 14, 2010 - 04:31 PM

Yes, lots can change but I still think you deserve this more than me Olcow you've put a lot more time and effort into your machine than I have.

#14 mikebramel OFFLINE  

mikebramel

Ron Paul

• Member No: 82
  • 176 Thanks
  • 1,009 posts

Posted April 16, 2010 - 01:05 PM

I think we have a biased crowd:mecry::bigrofl:

??? Theres ONLY 4 masseys LOL

#15 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 16, 2010 - 01:20 PM

You don't think the Masseys are popular around here do you?